• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

@Dire Wolf likely won't help much today, but the rumor mill is already in high gear talking Mike Evans to Buffalo.

@Dire Wolf likely won't help much today, but the rumor mill is already in high gear talking Mike Evans to Buffalo.
We definitely need WR talent. Allen dropped 3 dimes on long balls last night and the receivers dropped them all.

We definitely need WR talent. Allen dropped 3 dimes on long balls last night and the receivers dropped them all.
What's your theory on Diggs?
Got old early?
Checked out because he's a stroppy sod?
Just had a poor year?
Something else?

What's your theory on Diggs?
Got old early?
Checked out because he's a stroppy sod?
Just had a poor year?
Something else?
I think he's been playing through some kind of injury. But if he hasn't, then his performance decline is precipitous. He's been lousy since week 6. I think the Bills might try to trade him.

Talking heads here think there’s been some kind of disagreement between Allen and Diggs. Grain of salt.

Sometimes age just comes for you like 💥 and you’re done, son.

I think he's been playing through some kind of injury. But if he hasn't, then his performance decline is precipitous. He's been lousy since week 6. I think the Bills might try to trade him.
Given the chirping his brother does on his behalf it wouldn't surprise me to see him in Dallas, but I think the Bills would have to take a bath to make it happen

Eagles OC Brian Johnson was interviewed by the Falcons today despite them already speaking to Belichik twice. Now he doesn't deserve the job he has and probably won't have it in a few days, but it's an example of the Rooney rule ticking boxes
...and now fired. Sirianni keeps his job by accepting getting his coordinators chosen for him. Good chance Riverboat Ron will be the DC, his wife plays gold with Lurie's.

Normally I'd say that Rivera could be decent going back to a DC job, but woof, the last couple of defenses in Washington were not good.

Fangio out in Miami, might make for an uncomfortable game of golf for Mrs Lurie. If you look at his tree though I think that don't give up big chunk plays school of defense has been found out

Jim Harbaugh in at LAC.

Jim Harbaugh in at LAC.
Hopefully that helps makes the AFC West a competitive division. I'm tired of seeing KC and Mahomes sleepwalk to the division title without any threat from the other teams. Hopefully, Sean Peyton and Jim Harbaugh can do something with the Broncos and Chargers to make them reasonably competitive.

Yeah, I've got Chiefs fatigue. They aren't an unlikeable team like the Patriots were, although Mahomes is getting to that stage where the refs give him any call he asks for which happens with superstars. Something fresh would be good though.

Herbert hasn't really kicked on from his rookie season, hopefully this is his time. It's tough coaching or playing for them though when every match is an away game.

From an outside pov it feels like the Chiefs have no right to be as good as they are with the players they have. Is it good coaching? Or are Mahomes and Kelce just that good?

Andy Reid is a Hall of Fame coach. Mahomes is a Hall of Fame QB. Paired together they can paper over other roster deficiencies. This year they lost 6 regular season games and still no team in their division came close to challenging them. That needs to change to make the AFC more interesting as a conference.

I sincerely hope the Ravens absolutely batter them. I have zero interest in watching another Super Bowl with them in it.

Fangio in at DC for Philly.

Uh. Sorry, Tony.

Falcons appointing Raheem Morris it would seem as HC. Looks like Bill is gonna be shit out of luck for a job next season (they were the only team he's interviewed with so far).

Fangio in at DC for Philly.

Uh. Sorry, Tony.
Could get dark very quickly next season. They are bringing in an OC with his own scheme, play design and calling as well. Sirianni is going to be to head coaching what Conor Coady is to England World Cup squads.
Falcons appointing Raheem Morris it would seem as HC. Looks like Bill is gonna be shit out of luck for a job next season (they were the only team he's interviewed with so far).
Surprised with that one simply because they could have had him before Smith so takes some humility to go back to him.

Just the 2 places left now, Johnson to Washington is as good as done, just can't announce it yet so only really Seattle with an opening

@Alan, what's Shane Waldron like as an OC?
Bit of an enigma for me. Haven’t followed the Bears too closely of late, but the offense seems to have been incredibly inconsistent; some weeks very good, some very bad.

The talent level there isn’t terribly high, though, relatively speaking, and I don’t rate Fields as a starting NFL QB. So it’s tough to judge if Waldron is already at his ceiling or if he has room to develop as a coach.

Too many coaches to remember in this damn league 😓

Last edited:
Back