• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Why jump when it's damn obvious they have no intention of running a play? Madness

Houston have played admirably but can’t get over the talent gap.

Can’t see anything short of a catastrophic injury to Lamar *knock on wood* derailing Baltimore at this point.

Bad start for the Niners, Deebo in the blue tent and Purdy (wearing a glove on his throwing hand) looking shaky having really should have thrown a pick Six.

Whenever I make extra effort to watch the 49ers they always seem to end up making a bish of things.

This'll be like the 49ers game against Philadelphia. 2 red zone trips no TDs whilst on top will bite them

Another cracking game this evening. Bucs look bang average but are somehow level.

Playoff football can change a team, and the Bucs sure look to be rising to it.

Yes I’m enjoying it even though I still don’t thoroughly understand it. 😳

That's a rough Chop Block call. Montgomery looked to be committed before the defender was engaged.

Do they get so many chances to get a ‘first down’ and if not achieved it goes to the opposition?

Do they get so many chances to get a ‘first down’ and if not achieved it goes to the opposition?
Yeppo, technically you have 4 shots at gaining 10 yards; 99% of the time 4th down is used to get the ball as far from your own endzone as possible. If you use 4th down to run an offensive play and don't make it, the opposition gets the ball on the spot it was downed. So, typically, if you're not in Field Goal range or very close (say, 4th & 1 or 4th & 2), you'll punt the ball, purposefully turning over possession at the benefit of a chance to pin the opposition deeper in their own half.

When I was 16/17 I bought a record called Backfield in Motion by Mel and Tim which I still own, check it out sometime.

Back