• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Raiders keeping Antonio Pierce it would seem.

I don't know what the record is like in the NFL for this type of appointment, but Max Crosby made it very difficult for him to not get it. Hopefully for his sake it's more successful than the typical result when it's done in our football.

In the end I went for the spread bet. Texans +9.5, 49ers -10 , Lions -6, Bills -2.5

I don't know what the record is like in the NFL for this type of appointment, but Max Crosby made it very difficult for him to not get it. Hopefully for his sake it's more successful than the typical result when it's done in our football.
Off the dome, interim coaches getting the job full time is pretty rare.

Happy to be corrected if someone actually wants to do the research there. But most seem to be lame duck holdovers from the regime that was just ousted.

Off the dome, interim coaches getting the job full time is pretty rare.

Happy to be corrected if someone actually wants to do the research there. But most seem to be lame duck holdovers from the regime that was just ousted.
Think the Raiders have fallen into the trap where they were criticised for not keeping Rich Bisaccia after the Gruden fallout. Therefore as Pierce did reasonably well (he's a defensive minded coach so they're likely to need a good OC) following Josh McDaniels they've decided to twist with it.

Think the Raiders have fallen into the trap where they were criticised for not keeping Rich Bisaccia after the Gruden fallout. Therefore as Pierce did reasonably well (he's a defensive minded coach so they're likely to need a good OC) following Josh McDaniels they've decided to twist with it.
Personally, I think they made the right call.

Hindsight’s 20/20 but they definitely should have given Bisaccia the job before McDaniels. I feel the same about Carolina and Steve Wilks.

Of course, by the same token, I would have been the Bournemouth fan wanting to keep GO. So, obviously, your mileage may vary. 😄

Pretty cold in Baltimore but a proper pitch and open to the elements, ain’t that difficult.

Ravens D on top so far, Texans unable to get anything moving especially on the ground.

Lamar also balling out so far.

That's one way of doing it if you can't get anything moving on offence.

Special Teams matter twice! 😍

And watching DeMeco orchestrate his defense! This is nearly as good as if Houston were my own team.

Back