• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Just watched the Jets game and was surprised at how poor Zak Wilson is.
In fact Jets whole attacking front is shit.
8 games played and they've scored 4 touchdowns and they couldn't get one yesterday either... 4 tries within yards of the line and failed by 1 yard. Salah must be well pissed.
Aikman said that even if (big if) Rodgers does make it back, he will improve them but so much more needs to be fixed there apart from whatever Rodgers might bring.
How the fuck did they ever get to 4 & 4??

They have a bona fide championship defense and a handful of good playmakers.

At this point I’m willing to say that Wilson is less the issue for them than their offensive line. Allowing 8 sacks is begging for an insurmountable deficit. Wilson does hold the ball too long, but too many times his line hangs him completely out to dry.

Because they have an elite defensive unit and a RB and WR who are in the Top 10-12 at their positions. You can't have Special Teams giving up TDs though with Wilson at QB. Still don't buy the Rodgers coming back story, I think it's all hype and part of his publicity machine

They have a bona fide championship defense and a handful of good playmakers.

At this point I’m willing to say that Wilson is less the issue for them than their offensive line. Allowing 8 sacks is begging for an insurmountable deficit. Wilson does hold the ball too long, but too many times his line hangs him completely out to dry.
Hmmm, I kind of like the Chargers and was surprised at how frequently the Jets vaunted defence made them look like shite!
But the Offense!!
Aikman commented that the balance in the dressing room can be really awkward when one side (The Defence in this case) was busting their balls and the Offense were just not turning up?
How much of this is down to Hackett?

Hmmm, I kind of like the Chargers and was surprised at how frequently the Jets vaunted defence made them look like shite!
But the Offense!!
Aikman commented that the balance in the dressing room can be really awkward when one side (The Defence in this case) was busting their balls and the Offense were just not turning up?
How much of this is down to Hackett?
It's on Douglas rather than Hackett. If you get your QB killed then that's on the guy who builds the roster, not the OC, it's how Rodgers did his achiles in the first place, that and their shite surface which they and the Giants refuse to do anything about. Vera-Tucker is a big miss for them but Wilson is still going to airmail receivers though, he's not very good.

Last edited:
Saw a stat that Wilson is completing 91% of his passes when he holds the ball less than 2.5 seconds after the snap. You can work with that.

IMO Hackett needs to focus on those quicker-developing plays, especially with the offensive line so torn up.

He doesn’t need to adjust tho as his job security is airtight for as long as Rodgers is there.

Wentz off to inject his poison at the Rams. Have to admit, I didn't think his ego would let him be a backup unless Stafford is more hurt than they are letting on

Watching the Red Zone and seeing when they go to a commercial break they switch to another game, it must be a right pain in the arse watching live sports in the USA.

The Giants are going to be paying Jones $35m to sit on the bench next year, they can't cut him without paying him that, nobody is taking him in a trade given the injury and the salary and there's no way they aren't taking one of the Top 2 QBs now they've got themselves in a position to do so

Last edited:
Jets completely hamstrung by Zak Wilson again I see (and the offensive line). 33 drives (11 straight quarters) without a touchdown on offense, that defence has to be fuming with how good they are and how useless they are going the other way.

Last edited:
Thank God. He isn't the only problem in Buffalo, but Josh Allen has gone backwards since Daboll left. Dorsey just hasn't put together an offense that has any kind of flow or identity and he has done nothing to build on Allen's strengths and limit his weaknesses. The offensive scheme under Dorsey has even put the weaknesses, such as the risk taking and the hero ball under even more of a magnifying glass. I don't think it will salvage this season, but hopefully McDermott is replaced by an offensive minded head coach whose remit is to get the best out of one of the most uniquely talented QBs to play the game and get him out of his own head.

ESPN in full-on "Josh Allen is Brett Favre incarnate" mode.

Diggs being Diggs either directly or through his family doesn't help. WRs must be the most highly strung individuals in any sport.

Diggs being Diggs either directly or through his family doesn't help. WRs must be the most highly strung individuals in any sport.
He's got plenty of form for it too not just at the Bills. In the Vikings only playoff game in ages in 2020 he threw a right strop (his last for them) when he deemed Cousins wasn't targeting him enough.

Elway’s a decent comp tbf.

I put in the RIP thread. I don't have an opinion, but Johnson's teammates have said it's a freak accident. There's a chance the police have got involved in something they don't understand, but have supposedly taken expert advice. I wouldn't trust South Yorkshire to investigate a shoplifting offence, but that's probably an outdated trope

Back