• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Seen a lot of Hurts outplayed Mahomes apart from the fumble. Although that's true there's no lifting that apart from can do when it was the only turnover of the game

God I hope not but I think you're right. There's something about them I really don't like, Mahomes aside. They have a real cockiness and arrogance about them and a total lack of humility or respect.
Can't say I see that at all tbh. Kelce is OTT but when you're that good you kind of get a free ride.

Reid + Mahomes is a special, special combo and everything I know about both of them says the success is not undeserved.

@Alan can you tell my why Brian Branch isn't a slam dunk top 10 pick in the draft? I've watched about 2 games worth of tape and he looks like a potential all pro. See plenty of drafts where he falls to the Steelers.

@Alan can you tell my why Brian Branch isn't a slam dunk top 10 pick in the draft? I've watched about 2 games worth of tape and he looks like a potential all pro. See plenty of drafts where he falls to the Steelers.
Size, position, and a mid coordinator in college. Top 10 DBs usually have at least one thing that really jumps off the tape, so to speak. Branch displayed a lot of positive traits in college but didn’t have the gaudy pass breakup or INT numbers of, say, Sauce Gardner or Jaycee Horn in previous years (nor were college offensive coordinators absolutely petrified of throwing within 25 yards of him, like many were of Pat Surtain II).

He’s got the tools to be another Minkah Fitzpatrick, though.

Size, position, and a mid coordinator in college. Top 10 DBs usually have at least one thing that really jumps off the tape, so to speak. Branch displayed a lot of positive traits in college but didn’t have the gaudy pass breakup or INT numbers of, say, Sauce Gardner or Jaycee Horn in previous years (nor were college offensive coordinators absolutely petrified of throwing within 25 yards of him, like many were of Pat Surtain II).

He’s got the tools to be another Minkah Fitzpatrick, though.

I honestly think he's a Minkah/Adams hybrid, he looks that good to me.

He's projected as a Nickel/Safety some teams wouldn't draft that position high on Day 1 irrespective of the talent as they don't respect the positional value. Philadelphia for instance have never picked a player at that position in the first round

He's projected as a Nickel/Safety some teams wouldn't draft that position high on Day 1 irrespective of the talent as they don't respect the positional value. Philadelphia for instance have never picked a player at that position in the first round

He's a Swiss army knife, can pretty much play anywhere in that secondary. Which I'd imagine is gold dust in the era of 'positionless defence'

Swiss army knives or unicorns are great in theory but the practice less so - see Issiah Simmons and Kyle Pitts for details.

Swiss army knives or unicorns are great in theory but the practice less so - see Issiah Simmons and Kyle Pitts for details.
Pitts has definitely suffered from not being a positional player.

Patterson the same. He's not really a RB.

The very same.
He's smarter than Adams, IMO, but I think the difference in size between the two will show in the NFL. Jamal is just straight up built like a Linebacker. Brian is significantly less, er, ~wide~. He plays big and hits hard but the physical demands of the Nickel position are grueling and there's simply less of him to distribute impact through. Possible he could still do some bulking up, I suppose.

Re: Kyle Pitts, woe betide us if he ever ends up working with Kyle Shanahan or Andy Reid. Or Sean Payton, now that he's back in the league.

Both Eagles coordinators got their HC jobs. Anyone who watched the Super Bowl will know Steichen will be a loss. I would have left Gannon in Arizona, Cardinals job or not, he won't be missed

Last edited:
Mock drafts are looking loads of fun now. Seems most are predicting a lot of trading for positions including the Bears trading away #1

I think the Colts will trade up assuming they want Young and the owner pretty much said today they do, unless it's a bluff. Going to cost them their 1st round pick, next year's and a 2 at least I'd have thought.

I'll be surprised if Young goes before Stroud tbh.

They are fun, but this far out largely bobbins. NFL.com today had the Eagles drafting a RB at 10. Not a hope in hell of that happening. Things firm up a bit after the Combine next week

Last edited:
They are fun, but this far out largely bobbins. NFL.com today had the Eagles drafting a RB at 10. Not a hope in hell of that happening. Things firm up a bit after the Combine next week

Running backs shouldn't ever be drafted before round 3. You only get 4/5 years of production from them before they start to wane, plus if you have a good o line then even just a decent back can rack up big numbers.

Back