• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

As every year - I only understand about 20% of what is going on, but even I can tell this is a cracker.

That was a really nothing play to call a penalty. Officials hand the victory to the Chiefs with a shocking penalty.

I see why people are hating it but it is a hold, grabs him twice.

No complaints really. Mahomes was awesome, but you can't give them 2 touchdowns where he doesn't have to do anything. You also can't have an 8 minute drive and only come up with 3. In those moments are the game.

Can't complain about the penalty on Bradberry, it's soft, but he got away with one earlier so I guess calling one out of 2 was about right. I also thought Sanders was lucky to get the incomplete catch rather than fumble call.

No sour grapes because it didn't cost the game, but how can you have a SB in a dome and the players can't keep their feet on the grass?

Feels like a missed opportunity, the offense will only lose 1 starter next year plus Kelce if he retires, but the defense has 7 of the 11 starters out of contract, they can't afford to keep them all. Plus the OC and DC are likely to have HC jobs, although Gannon may have blown his last night...he can go as quick as he likes

Last edited:
SB losers seem to always to have a horrendous mental hangover.

Any remaining questions about Sirianni will be answered very quickly next season, I think.

As for KC, we may be in for another Pats stye dynasty.

The problem I have with that penalty is that it was an infringement that hadn't been called once all game. 58 minutes. Not once. Nothing. And defensive holding/PI can potentially be called 20 times a game and they'd ignored it all game long, only to call a really soft one at that point in the game? Not having that, it totally handed the game to KC. The Eagles may not have won anyway, but to have the possibility taken out of their hands in that fashion is bull. If you're going to call defensive holding, call it early on and establish what the boundaries are. Don't influence the result in that way with less than 2 minutes to go.

Last edited:
The problem I have with that penalty is that it was an infringement that hadn't been called once all game. 58 minutes. Not once. Nothing. And defensive holding/PI can potentially be called 20 times a game and they'd ignored it all game long, only to call a really soft one at that point in the game? Not having that, it totally handed the game to KC. The Eagles may not have won anyway, but to have the possibility taken out of their hands in that fashion is bull. If you're going to call defensive holding, call it early on and establish what the boundaries are. Don't influence the result in that way with less than minutes to go.
Like the matchday thread on Saturday I find the self pity in Eagles Twitter a bit pathetic. Bradberry himself said it was holding, but he hoped he'd get away with it. I totally get the inconsistency or time of game argument, but if you don't want to be called, don't pull the shirt. Bigger reasons for the defeat than that

SB losers seem to always to have a horrendous mental hangover.

Any remaining questions about Sirianni will be answered very quickly next season, I think.

As for KC, we may be in for another Pats stye dynasty.
God I hope not but I think you're right. There's something about them I really don't like, Mahomes aside. They have a real cockiness and arrogance about them and a total lack of humility or respect.

I really like the Chiefs, don't have the arrogance or unlikable nature of Brady and the Pats.

Mahomes Kelce and Reid are all superstars and the win is fantastic given they lost Hill last year.

I like Hurts and the Eagles too, think both QB's are good for the game.

Last edited:
Back