• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

I don't think that's the only place he's given his view. Anyone, forget the outlet, consider the expertise.
Not questioning his expertise, it's just a shocking, shocking style of journalism there.

Big audience, though. So it probably is an effective tool when trying to sway public opinion.

Anyone got any thoughts about Lamar Jackson?
I can't think why he has never had an agent. Someone who can get all his shit sorted. Sounds like he's advised by his mother!
(Which if true is like Pedro Neto ignoring Lop's instructions telling him 'my mother tells me to shoot more often), and he's holding out for a similar contract to Deshaun Watson. Which is never, ever gonna happen.
If he moves next season, whoever takes him on is gonna look at his playing record and think, in the last 3 seasons he's been injured for about a third of each season. Which is a lot. It's more than Garappolo. So he's gonna want north of 200 million ( for 4 years) for 2/3 of a season...??
But if he stays he's gonna get about 200 million less than he thinks he's worth!

Someone will pay him.

The ridiculous Watson deal means that's become the new benchmark at least in Jackson's head. Sensibly the Ravens don't want to be giving out obscene amounts of fully guaranteed money, especially to a QB who has missed multiple games in each of the last two seasons.

I think they'll tag and then trade him as his relationship with Harbaugh seems very frosty. He won't get the 40m a year guaranteed he's looking for anywhere imo

The Athletic reporting Staley and the GM are both coming back next season.

Sacked their QB coach also so the blame definitely being laid elsewhere.

Would be really harsh on Staley to get rid after one year.

It's become more common lately but it's still fairly rare to have a coach take a bullet after one season (certainly relative to European football).

Would be really harsh on Staley to get rid after one year.

It's become more common lately but it's still fairly rare to have a coach take a bullet after one season (certainly relative to European football).
Hasn't he be their coach for longer than a year? At least 2, surely, if not 3?

Was thinking he was definitely in his first year. Maybe I'm conflating Staley and O'Connell.

Yep 2 and they blew their play off place to the Raiders in a winner takes all Week 18 game the previous year
I definitely think they are a team where the onfield talent outstrips their coaching. They should have enough about them.to really be challenging the Chiefs.

Bills confirmed as home team for one of the London games. 🎉🎉🍻🍻

If only Ticketmaster's system wasn't a complete shambles you might be able to get to see them.

Is that the Dophins fault though? Surely they aren’t the ones making the call
I think the misdiagnosis of his first concussion has just left an enormously sour taste in people’s mouths. They don’t trust Miami to make Tua’s health a priority and it’s honestly hard to blame them.

Presumably the Dolphins don't think their payout will cover what it would cost to recruit an equivalent level QB?

Am I correct in understanding that as far as we know a medical expert he has had direct contact with and knows his exact personal situation hasn't told him to retire? Those that have are doing so are from afar? If that's correct then I don't see what the Dolphins can do if he chooses not to other than pay up his contract, which isn't going to happen and even if they did he'd sign for another team if he wants to play

Am I correct in understanding that as far as we know a medical expert he has had direct contact with and knows his exact personal situation hasn't told him to retire? Those that have are doing so are from afar? If that's correct then I don't see what the Dolphins can do if he chooses not to other than pay up his contract, which isn't going to happen and even if they did he'd sign for another team if he wants to play
You are correct. It is all from afar, based on good medicine and research though.

3 concussions in 12 months is found to be life changing and could lead to CTE and other neurological damage, particularly motor and cognitive (moving and thinking).

There isn't a piece of credible research to dispute this.

As Tua's second TBI led to him being in the fencing pose he should've been placed on IR for the season right then and there. I was surprised he wasn't.

Back