• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Tua advised to retire, McDaniel commits to him being the starting QB in Miami next year. What a douche.
That's not good. Forcing the poor lad to make the decision and probably lose money rather than being retired by the team.

Don't normally celelebrate a Cowboys win, but 6 out of 6 baby!
Bucs let me down on my acca. Twas the only one I wasn't 100% on (took it for the odds boost) so should have cashed out really.

Scratch that, just logged into my account and I did take the Cowboys. Could have sworn I'd picked the Bucs, but apparently not.

Last edited:
That's not good. Forcing the poor lad to make the decision and probably lose money rather than being retired by the team.
Doesn't sound like a decision the Dolphins owners would endorse...

The doctors declare him unfit for play.

Has to be done for insurance purposes in the main.

Wouldn't take much for Tua to get his own second opinion to challenge that though if he wants to play, then he just goes and plays for someone else?

Tua advised to retire, McDaniel commits to him being the starting QB in Miami next year. What a douche.
Haven't seen this bit yet, got a source?

I'll be very sad if McDaniel is actually a douche and even moreso if Tua has to call it quits.

Wouldn't take much for Tua to get his own second opinion to challenge that though if he wants to play, then he just goes and plays for someone else?
That's up to him. Of course a medic may not give him that option and the NFL may not accept his medic's opinion.

Haven't seen this bit yet, got a source?

I'll be very sad if McDaniel is actually a douche and even moreso if Tua has to call it quits.
I've read a few things that have said that for his personal health and safety he should retire, but I'm not entirely certain if they are people actually advising him or more opinions.

As for your second sentence, let me put your mind at rest; McDaniel IS actually a douche...

With 3 concussions in a few weeks, he shouldn't be playing again this season..
In fact, hard to say, but it's gonna be hard for someone to take him on knowing that 1 more good crack on his head might well finish him...

With 3 concussions in a few weeks, he shouldn't be playing again this season..
In fact, hard to say, but it's gonna be hard for someone to take him on knowing that 1 more good crack on his head might well finish him...
We're talking about a league that has allowed players convicted of manslaughter to return tbf.

I've read a few things that have said that for his personal health and safety he should retire, but I'm not entirely certain if they are people actually advising him or more opinions.

As for your second sentence, let me put your mind at rest; McDaniel IS actually a douche...
MaDaniel ALWAYS sounds like he's taken several tranquilisers before he come to the mic!
I had a mate who smoked way more weed than Chris Simms and McDaniel sounds just like him....
Struggling to maintain a thread, cant quite think about the next word to say, quite a likeable bloke, not sure how good a coach he is...

Every time I hear McDaniel speak I'm like "my god... he's me". Which maybe is why I've given him the benefit of the doubt with the concussion shit so far.

Someone else whose storytelling style could accurately be described as "a long walk to a small town".

Apparently, Bennett Omalu, the neuropathologist behind the original findings on the effects of CTE on retired NFL players has said that he would advise Tua to retire. I think I'd want to listen to him personally...

TMZ is a terrible outlet for him to use.

Anyone got any thoughts about Lamar Jackson?
I can't think why he has never had an agent. Someone who can get all his shit sorted. Sounds like he's advised by his mother!
(Which if true is like Pedro Neto ignoring Lop's instructions telling him 'my mother tells me to shoot more often), and he's holding out for a similar contract to Deshaun Watson. Which is never, ever gonna happen.
If he moves next season, whoever takes him on is gonna look at his playing record and think, in the last 3 seasons he's been injured for about a third of each season. Which is a lot. It's more than Garappolo. So he's gonna want north of 200 million ( for 4 years) for 2/3 of a season...??
But if he stays he's gonna get about 200 million less than he thinks he's worth!

Every time I hear McDaniel speak I'm like "my god... he's me". Which maybe is why I've given him the benefit of the doubt with the concussion shit so far.

Someone else whose storytelling style could accurately be described as "a long walk to a small town".
You may speak like him bit I'd bet you're not a duplicitous lying prick like he is...

TMZ is a terrible outlet for him to use.
I don't think that's the only place he's given his view. Anyway, forget the outlet, consider the expertise.

Last edited:
Back