• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

You can make a case for 7 of the Top 9, only the Cards and Bears where it would be a major surprise. Although I think the Lions will stay with Goff and the Raiders will go the veteran, most likely Brady, route. Texans and Colts are nailed on.

Teams further down don't have a solution either, Commanders, Saints, Bucs, Jets, arguably Titans.

It's a good year to be Number 1 and already have your QB
I dunno. Bryce is a nice prospect. CJ Stroud should do okay. Alan really isn’t a huge Levis fan but his overall figures are alright. Hooker is the QB that intrigues me. Rating is right up there with Bryce but expected to go late second round earliest. If I was the Commanders that is the QB I would be trying for.

And if you are lower and KNOW Bears are happy with Fields you let them have the number one to get Anderson. And you trade with Houston for the number 2 to get a choice of Bryce or Stroud

Hooker's coming off a pretty bad knee injury and really only had the one good season in college (although he wasn't bad prior to this past season, from what I remember).

Kingsbury is a fraud. He's never been successful at any job he's had yet somehow ended up failing all the way to an NFL job.

It would all depend on the draft collateral offered. It would need to be significant. Houston need a complete revamp of both Offensive and Defensive lines of scrimmage so it could take quite a few picks to complete that. You are going to have to offer significant early round picks to allow Houston to comfortably complete those goals while also giving them a chance of a QB pick up outside the absolute top names this time, along with maybe a 2024 first round as there are supposed to be 2 generational QB talents likely to declare for the 2024 draft.

Whatever you try and tempt Houston with its probably going to have to be massive, maybe with a trade of a current starting QB thrown in for good measure too!

Houston have a lot of leverage, as well; they're absolutely loaded with picks this draft IIRC.

If someone wants to trade with them I imagine it's going to take a star player as part of the deal.

It would all depend on the draft collateral offered. It would need to be significant. Houston need a complete revamp of both Offensive and Defensive lines of scrimmage so it could take quite a few picks to complete that. You are going to have to offer significant early round picks to allow Houston to comfortably complete those goals while also giving them a chance of a QB pick up outside the absolute top names this time, along with maybe a 2024 first round as there are supposed to be 2 generational QB talents likely to declare for the 2024 draft.

Whatever you try and tempt Houston with its probably going to have to be massive, maybe with a trade of a current starting QB thrown in for good measure too!
Meh, there's always a generation talent in the draft at QB position. Lance, Lawrence et al.

The star of the 24 class is going to be Marvin Harrison Jr. He's a WR so won't go 1, but he'll go as high or maybe higher than Chase did. He'd be the best WR if he was eligible this year by all accounts

Look at you, Tony! I'm impressed.

Quick, without googling: Where's Harrison Jr. currently play ball?

Houston have a lot of leverage, as well; they're absolutely loaded with picks this draft IIRC.

If someone wants to trade with them I imagine it's going to take a star player as part of the deal.
Houston 23 picks:

1st round - 2, 12 (from Cleveland)
2nd round - 34
3rd round - 66, 74 (from Cleveland)
4th round - 104
5th round - 137
6th round - (178 traded out to the Jets) 187 (from New Orleans), 199 (from Giants), 204 (from Minnesota), 205 (from 49ers)
7th round - (221 traded out to the Eagles), 239 (from Seattle)

There isn't a lot there to really suggest they can be easily incited into trading down. 2 really good first round picks and a mass of six rounders for roster filling.

Too late to prove I wasn't Googling, but it's Ohio State, I read about him when seeing a Stroud piece

You're bang on, also. He's going to be a very high pick next draft, I expect.

Could Arizona be persuaded to trade down? They have plenty of needs but QB isn't particularly one of them. [OG, C, EDGE, CB, LB, RB, OT seems to be the consensus of their needs in roughly that order].

They have the following picks;
1st round - 3
2nd round - 35
3rd round - 67, 97
4th round - 105
5th round - (138 traded out to Buffalo), 168
6th round - 179, 214
7th round - (222 traded out to Las Vegas)

They haven't really got a million picks there so they could be possibly tempted as they aren't going to be really wanting to use that number 3 on a QB. Assuming Chicago take Anderson #1 and nobody blows Houston off the hand with an insane offer then #2 is going to be either Bryce Young or Jalen Carter you would imagine. So if you can flash millions in front of the Cardinals to get #3 you have worst case scenario of CJ Stroud, and smashing it out of the ballpark of Pryce if the Texans go for Carter (I would be surprised if they do).

Arizona would probably be using that #3 for either Carter or Myles Murphy but the class has a lot of good DL and Edge prospects. I reckon more of a chance of a trade with the Cardinals.

Darnell Washington is my current draft crush. 6 foot 7 270lb TE/wide receiver who ive seen hurdle safeties trying to tackle him. He's a genetic freak.

Darnell Washington is my current draft crush. 6 foot 7 270lb TE/wide receiver who ive seen hurdle safeties trying to tackle him. He's a genetic freak.
I saw an article on this guy who is also a physical freak, and Australian!

DeMeco as a head coach :love:

His best playing days were with the Texans so there may be something to that one.

Back