• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

In a post-Hamlin world I think the negative PR for playing Tua would just be too much.

Fingers crossed the Dolphins agree.

I've literally just read that doctors have not cleared him for onfield practice and so he is definitely out of the game on Sunday.

Always time for some doctor to come in and say "actually he's fine".

We shall see.

Lamar isn't going to make it either apparently. Makes for 2 AFC walkovers

I would rather have walkovers than potentially fatal brain injuries on the field. Concussion protocols should be the ultimate red line that no team is ever allowed to cross, no matter the importance of the player to the team.

I would rather have walkovers than potentially fatal brain injuries on the field. Concussion protocols should be the ultimate red line that no team is ever allowed to cross, no matter the importance of the player to the team.
100%.

I really hope I'm wrong on this one, but it would not surprise me in the least if that ass-clown of a head coach in Miami is willing to risk Tua's future life in the quest for playoff success. It surely isn't worth jeopardising his future? But they've already thrown him out there twice, in my belief knowing full well he was suffering with concussion. Surely they'll do the right thing? Won't they?

How would they know full well when the NFL’s independent doctor said he was cleared. It’s on the NFL.

How would they know full well when the NFL’s independent doctor said he was cleared. It’s on the NFL.
Because you could see with your own eyes in the first instance in the game against the Bills that he was concussed. He told the doctors that he had hurt his back and they went along with it. Anyone watching the Bills game knows he had a concussion. And to say it wasn't blatantly bloody obvious is totally disingenuous.

Because you could see with your own eyes in the first instance in the game against the Bills that he was concussed. He told the doctors that he had hurt his back and they went along with it. Anyone watching the Bills game knows he had a concussion. And to say it wasn't blatantly bloody obvious is totally disingenuous.
NFL coaches aren’t doctors. Org doctors have obvious conflict of interest. That’s why there are independent neuroscientists. To say a NFL coach should tell a neuroscientist he is wrong about a brain injury is laughable.

NFL coaches aren’t doctors. Org doctors have obvious conflict of interest. That’s why there are independent neuroscientists. To say a NFL coach should tell a neuroscientist he is wrong about a brain injury is laughable.
Did you see him after the hit in the Bills game? He was wobbly, he had to be helped up and supported by his team mate. It was clear he was concussed. He lied to the doctor about it and it is an open secret that players fix their baseline assessment tests to circumvent concussion protocols. In this instance it is up to the head coach to protect the player from himself and not send him back out there. 4 days later he had that horrific concussion in the Bengals game. Join the dots.

It’s not on the head coach that’s why the processes in place are in place. Unless you’re a neurologist you and I are no more qualified to assess the symptoms he had on the field at the time than a neurosurgeon. Perhaps we should’ve asked the coaches to come up with COVID policies too.

It’s clear you’re just taking a chance to take a shot at the dolphins because you’re a Bills fan.

He was wobbling like an eighteen year old at 10.30 pm on the first night on the sauce. Eyes told you all you needed to know.

Take it up with the Dolphins management who put him into the next game. Take it up with Goodell for not having minimum concussion periods where a player is barred from playing.

HOPE that lessons have been learned without permanent damage to Tua, who is a great player to watch.

I find it ridiculous to call someone an asshat because they did what the specialized doctor with decades of training told them to do. Self-righteousness to an absurd degree.

I'm sorry but we won't agree here. The doctor was operating under a completely inadequate concussion protocol. Under that protocol he was asked "can Tua play"? Under the protocol the doctor gave the right answer, its the protocol, and not the doctor who is wrong here.

Although I am in this particular case a little surprised the doctor didnt call it out as not a good place to be going.

I'm fairly certain that the doctor did not follow the protocol properly and that that was the cause for his firing?

Back