• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

If he was a patsy I don't think the NFLPA would have gone along with it tbh.

I'm sorry but we won't agree here. The doctor was operating under a completely inadequate concussion protocol. Under that protocol he was asked "can Tua play"? Under the protocol the doctor gave the right answer, its the protocol, and not the doctor who is wrong here.

Although I am in this particular case a little surprised the doctor didnt call it out as not a good place to be going.

Ok this is just wrong. The concussion protocol which clearly disproves this is online and easily accessible.

I'm fairly certain that the doctor did not follow the protocol properly and that that was the cause for his firing?

Yep shocking that the doctor hasn’t sued for wrongful termination after following the concussion protocol which simply asked can Tua walk on a football field.

Alright. If its wrong, why was Tua passed to play for that second concussion game? Someone passed him. Do you really believe it was a rogue doctor and everyone else looked the other way? If that is the case thats actually even worse.

EDIT: We are going in circles a bit here.

a) Lets hope Tua is now fine
b) the way the whole was done was not good news - and as a Commanders fan I have no skin in that game.

Alright. If its wrong, why was Tua passed to play for that second concussion game? Someone passed him. Do you really believe it was a rogue doctor and everyone else looked the other way? If that is the case thats actually even worse.

Because the Doctor made a bad diagnosis. Simple.

The doctor was satisfied with the neurological function of Tua and assumed the motor instability to be a result of his back injury which we found out to be wrong.

Hmmm. And nobody asked him to do so. No. Not at all.

its chip paper now. Hopefully Goodell and co learn and this is properly tightened. Never again. Player safety must be first, second and last. And on that I hope we all agree!

Hmmm. And nobody asked him to do so. No. Not at all.

its chip paper now. Hopefully Goodell and co learn and this is properly tightened. Never again. Player safety must be first, second and last. And on that I hope we all agree!

Now you’re making baseless accusations of corruption on part of a doctor. The doctor wasn’t employed by the Dolphins, he had no affiliation.

NO. I am not. I am equally not bothering with an internet scrap so I will leave it.

The NFLPA would be foaming at the mouth for the lawsuit if they had any evidence the Dolphins influenced the doctor’s decision

Which will eventually come out in the wash as exactly being the case but you carry on

He was passed fit to play in the Bengals game because the player and the organisation wanted him to be, he didn't have to go through the proper concussion protocol for that game because he 'didn't' have a concussion.

The NFLPA would be foaming at the mouth for the lawsuit if they had any evidence the Dolphins influenced the doctor’s decision
Last thing I'll say. This is the same Dolphins organisation who tried to convince their former head coach to deliberately lose games in order to get a higher draft pick and who illegally tapped up Tom Brady and consequently were punished with the loss of draft picks. They have the integrity and honesty of a sewer rat.

Last thing I'll say. This is the same Dolphins organisation who tried to convince their former head coach to deliberately lose games in order to get a higher draft pick and who illegally tapped up Tom Brady and consequently were punished with the loss of draft picks. They have the integrity and honesty of a sewer rat.

Sure, but I don’t think any of that makes Mike McDaniel an asshat. He’s a good coach with a great history in the NFL.

Let's just all agree that the situation was handled very poorly.

Why is this so important to you? The main thing has to be Tua's health and a bullet dodged surely?

Back