• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

@WsWolf tbf I've just looked at the list of SB winners and...

I gotta say, there are way fewer non-elite QBs on this list than I thought there were.

Really like Howell, raw but got the traits you want for a modern QB. Josh Allen Vibes.

So... Brock Purdy might be legit.

Seahawks win eliminates the Lions, Packers beat them and they're in.

Been having a bit of a giggle courtesy of tankathon trying to work out a round 1 mock draft. I ended up not too far away from what they think at the moment but it’s early days.

The first three picking don’t really have a need for a QB but do have needs in the positions played by Anderson, Carter and by Myles Murphy. I’m wondering that unless someone trades right up the board we might see Bryce go to the Colts at four.

Seattle is the worst option. At least with the Packers you had the possibility of Rodgers rolling back the years and the Lions are a fun team to watch. Seattle will go to Santa Clara and be blown away. Dolphins will be the same in Buffalo unless they get a 100% Tua. The 7th seed creates for in season interest but from a quality perspective it's not needed. Obviously it's all about the cash.

At the moment I'm finding it difficult to see past the 49ers as Super Bowl Champions. They are a pretty complete team.

I think there's 4 better AFC teams than the 49ers it's what state they are in after beating each other up that'll be the deciding factor for me. San Francisco have had the easiest schedule across the entire league by a considerable distance. I'd still be surprised if Shanahan can scheme up enough to protect Purdy once they play an elite team or if their defense can keep a side like that below 25

Been having a bit of a giggle courtesy of tankathon trying to work out a round 1 mock draft. I ended up not too far away from what they think at the moment but it’s early days.

The first three picking don’t really have a need for a QB but do have needs in the positions played by Anderson, Carter and by Myles Murphy. I’m wondering that unless someone trades right up the board we might see Bryce go to the Colts at four.

The Texans definitely need one, Davis Mills isn't a starter.

The Seahawks are dark horses for a qb aswelll, Geno Smith has been pretty good this season but he's 32 and only had one season of good production ever.

You can make a case for 7 of the Top 9, only the Cards and Bears where it would be a major surprise. Although I think the Lions will stay with Goff and the Raiders will go the veteran, most likely Brady, route. Texans and Colts are nailed on.

Teams further down don't have a solution either, Commanders, Saints, Bucs, Jets, arguably Titans.

It's a good year to be Number 1 and already have your QB

Last edited:
Kingsbury sacked with 5 years left on the contract he signed a year ago...top work

It was strange signing him and Murray to long term deals at the same time given they supposedly don't get on. I guess the QB wins, although he doesn't convince me, the same player after 4 years as he was when he entered the league

Back