• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Texans knock themselves out of the first pick with a 2pt conversion with only 50 seconds left.

Obviously Chicago may trade it away, but if they don't the Texans will still get their choice of QBs. It's not as damaging the Jets winning a couple of years ago and losing Lawrence...yet

The last time we had #1 pick was 1947! We have officially never been this shit before 😂

It's been the perfect tank, getting picks for veteran players, getting their exciting QB experience all whilst losing.

Falcons picking at 8. Assuming Texans, Colts and Raiders will take/want a QB, maybe Seahawks too. Is the depth any good this year? Not sure Falcons will take one anyway

I don’t think it’s much of a QB class

Edit - ignore me. Mid season reports suggest there are 5 top 50 QBs.

Will Bears want a QB with Field there? Bryce Young is supposed to be the likely #1 pick QB but maybe Bears will trade that number one for massive pick ammunition ?

The Bears are all in on Fields, I reckon. I don't think they should be, but they are.

They'll take one of the fantastic DL prospects if they don't trade their pick.

4 are seen as 1st round worthy. Question marks about Young because of his height and Stroud had a poor year, but played well in their Championship game. Alan's area of expertise

Last edited:
Levis looks perfect for what Commanders need in a QB but he will be long gone before the Commanders pick

I love Bryce, obviously. But he's small. He also strikes me as too calm, if that makes sense. Never a sense of urgency. Sometimes that works out for him. Others, less so.

Young and Stroud have extremely high ceilings but I can also easily imagine both flaming out badly.

I don't rate any of the other QBs on that board.

Howell’s first ever NFL pass is a touchdown for the Commanders against the Cowboys. Hero status in his first ever play!

The Bears are all in on Fields, I reckon. I don't think they should be, but they are.

They'll take one of the fantastic DL prospects if they don't trade their pick.

Have to trade down, not doing so is insanity. Loads of cap space but very little quality in the skill positions, they need multiple needs.

Have to trade down, not doing so is insanity. Loads of cap space but very little quality in the skill positions, they need multiple needs.
Generally I'd agree. Will Anderson and Jalen Carter are good enough to make it a much more difficult decision, though.

Both have the potential to be HoFers. I genuinely believe that.

Who is going to want Bryce Young enough to give Chicago the pick ammunition they need?

Back