• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Divisional becomes an issue if Bengals and Bills both win
First game would be Third WC winner @ chiefs
Second game could well be Bengals and Bills and that would surely have to be neutral territory
This is what I’m getting at.

There is a very strong chance this will happen so surely has to be neutral as a Bengals win against the Bills in the regular season would have seen the Bengals have home field advantage for the divisional (plus also an easier WC game against the Pats).

Instead with the game abandoned, Bengals as 3rd seed will need to go to Bills which is just as unfair. (Unless Bengals get 2nd seed after this weekend which is unlikely, but then the Bills would argue it that they could have locked the 2nd seed with a win in that game).

Heard a scenario today that the Bengals/Ravens if they were to meet in the play offs could be a coin toss if they both end up on 11 wins.

Heard a scenario today that the Bengals/Ravens if they were to meet in the play offs could be a coin toss if they both end up on 11 wins.
Yes that's if the Ravens beat them and then they'd play the next week in the play offs. Baltimore would have the head to head but Cincinnati a game short. As Jackson is still out I'd be surprised if it came to that.

Bengals are voting against it as they think they should get a tie for the Bills game rather than a no result

I don't think there's any solution that won't leave someone unhappy, unfortunately.

So it seems that Hamlin has had the breathing tube removed this morning and has addressed his Bills teammates via Facetime. Pretty incredible.

This is what I’m getting at.

There is a very strong chance this will happen so surely has to be neutral as a Bengals win against the Bills in the regular season would have seen the Bengals have home field advantage for the divisional (plus also an easier WC game against the Pats).

Instead with the game abandoned, Bengals as 3rd seed will need to go to Bills which is just as unfair. (Unless Bengals get 2nd seed after this weekend which is unlikely, but then the Bills would argue it that they could have locked the 2nd seed with a win in that game).
The trouble here is if the Bills had won at Cincinnati they could have had a firm grip on the 1 seed. They have understandably been willing to sacrifice that. The Chiefs have come out slightly advantaged because they are guaranteed 1 seed as long as they beat the Raiders. Upshot is, if all 3 teams win, as you'd probably expect them to this weekend, the solution put forward is as fair as it gets.

So it seems that Hamlin has had the breathing tube removed this morning and has addressed his Bills teammates via Facetime. Pretty incredible.
I'm selfishly hoping that it'll get recorded when he sees how much money his GoFundMe has raised.

I'm selfishly hoping that it'll get recorded when he sees how much money his GoFundMe has raised.
Oh God, yes. I'm not sure I could face seeing it though, I'd probably weep.

Oh God, yes. I'm not sure I could face seeing it though, I'd probably weep.
No shame in that, I would be as well.

Watching it happen live, around the time when it looked like they were going to try and keep playing, the cameras got a shot of your #27 (last name White) barely holding together and it ruined me. Definitely shed some tears of my own.

Payton given permission to interview with the Broncos. Saints are about to get a big payday.

I predict he won't take it. He has to fix Russ, I think he's cooked.

He’s seen them all season, I don’t know what he could learn during the interview that would scare him off more than that.

Maybe he thinks he can get them to burn the money? Maybe he's using them for leverage? How do they even pay for him, given they've already burned their 1st rounders for the next 2 years?

I dunno, maybe you’re right. Just seems to me that this would be pretty far along in the process to discover a dealbreaker. New Orleans wouldn’t have allowed the interview to happen if they didn’t think Denver could pay the price, I reckon.

I just don't see any experienced coach taking Wilson on, so if he goes there he must have convinced the ownership to burn the money, but that comes with a significant cap aswell.

Last edited:
A lot hinges on how willing the Broncos are to eat Wilson's salary.

The part of me that loves schadenfreude hopes that Payton has been seduced by Wilson's kinda-sorta improved performance after whatshisface got fired and that everything continues to implode.

I'm pretty annoyed with him leaving New Orleans now.

1 game that they still lost, be it against the Chiefs would be one hell of a leap of faith

I know that and you know that. But does Sean Payton know that?

Signs pointing to "no". :LOL:

Back