• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

The whole point of CPR, and the accompanying breaths into his lungs, is to oxygenated his blood and get it pumping manually around the body until they can defib his heart back into rhythm.

As long as they start CPR fairly quickly there's no reason for his brain to be oxygen starved and damaged.

I'm sure I've read that even with CPR, the time it took to resuscitate Hamlin would still likely lead to severe brain damage.

Very happy to be wrong, in this case.

Odds of surviving cardiac arrest in the community are awful, less than 5% I think. But luckily at sporting events you get immediate attention not just someone finding you on the floor and not knowing what to do.

But he got immediate CPR and then defib after 9 mins is rapid. It would probably take at least 15 mins for an ambulance to get to you here after someone had found you and then made the call etc.

Eriksen has recovered to play at the highest level again. Not every case is the same but with good quality immediate compressions I’d be hopeful he can make a full recovery. The fact he is actually alive means they succeeded in CPR

Last edited:
Who had the tie breakers between Bills, KC and Bengals?

Both had the tie breaker over the Chiefs, but were 1 and 2 games behind with a game in hand. Breaker between Bengals and Bills would obviously have been that game. The AFC plan makes sense if that's true, dragging the NFC into it doesn't

Bengals v Bills not being rescheduled, game declared a no contest. AFCCG to be played at a neutral venue if 2 of the Chiefs, Bengals and Bills make it that far. If only one of those teams makes it they will host. I think that's how it works if I've understood it correctly.

What about the likelihood of Bengals having to go Bills when it could have been other way round?

As far as I can work it out, if it's any combination of Bills, Chiefs and Bengals it will be a neutral site. If only one of those 3 makes it, they will host.

Damar Hamlin is built different.

Widely reported here that one of the first things he said after waking up was “who won the game?”

Legend.

Damar Hamlin is built different.

Widely reported here that one of the first things he said after waking up was “who won the game?”

Legend.
And the doctor's reply? "You won. You won the game of life." 💙💙❤️❤️💙💙

As far as I can work it out, if it's any combination of Bills, Chiefs and Bengals it will be a neutral site. If only one of those 3 makes it, they will host.
I meant in the the divisional round if it goes to seeding.

I think this makes it quite clear for all the different scenarios. FB_IMG_1673008777105.jpg

Regarding divisional game, let’s assume KC beat LV and get top seed.

One of Bengals / Bills plays Jags/Patriots / Dolphins / Steelers.
The other becomes #3 seed and gets Chargers or Ravens
Third WC weekend game will be chargers or ravens @ jags/ pats

Divisional becomes an issue if Bengals and Bills both win
First game would be Third WC winner @ chiefs
Second game could well be Bengals and Bills and that would surely have to be neutral territory

♥️🤍💙 In the last 9 months the Buffalo Bills have had to deal with:
➡️a mass shooting in the City of Buffalo
➡️their owner, Kim Pegula, having a serious health emergency that is to this day, ongoing
➡️one of their star players, Dawson Knox's brother unexpectedly dying
➡️Their star DB, Micah Hyde, having a season and at one point potentially career-ending neck injury
➡️a 7' snowstorm stranding many of them in their homes
➡️losing Von Miller to injury for the season
➡️a "Generational Blizzard", that left nearly 30 people dead and stopped the team from spending Christmas with their families
➡️and now watching one of their brothers, 24 yr old Damar Hamlin, suffering a cardiac arrest on the field in front of them....
I can't imagine any team going through this much in one year.
Great post!

If Hamlin has any brain function after 9 minutes of CPR it will be something of a miracle.
I take it that if he's not breathing, (Heart stopped), they keep giving him compression by hand (rather than by those two electric shock paddles), and after 6, 7 or 8 minutes hard work his heart still hasn't started, but they kept trying until the paramedics came in the ambulance, then bingo! his heart starts, so all the time his heart hasn't been pumping, then yes, 9 minutes is an extraordinary length of time. Wow!

Back