• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Crazier things have happened!

I’m certainly no draft expert although I love following it. Current consensus with a chunk of season left has Anderson going at #2 at worst.

Generally I'd agree. Will Anderson and Jalen Carter are good enough to make it a much more difficult decision, though.

Both have the potential to be HoFers. I genuinely believe that.

Trade down to #2 or #3, you still have both on the board and picks.

Surely 2 or 3 aren’t going to trade up

They will if they want Bryce young. Someone is going to and if they don't it will be one of the other quarterback needy teams offering truck loads.

Depends what's on the table but there are at least 5 qb needy teams in the top 10.

Depends on need really. If they need defensive rush they might be quite happy where they are I guess

They will if they want Bryce young. Someone is going to and if they don't it will be one of the other quarterback needy teams offering truck loads.

Depends what's on the table but there are at least 5 qb needy teams in the top 10.
I don't think anyone will be expecting the Bears to take Bryce #1, though.

I don't think anyone will be expecting the Bears to take Bryce #1, though.

But the Texans will at #2 so if anyone wants him they are going to have to move ahead of them. The 49ers moved to 3 to pick Lance when he wasn't even projected to go before their pick, it happens.

But the Texans will at #2 so if anyone wants him they are going to have to move ahead of them. The 49ers moved to 3 to pick Lance when he wasn't even projected to go before their pick, it happens.
But then the bears aren’t going to be in #2 or #3 to take those top players like you suggested. Someone will want to trade up to #1 for sure, but I can’t see any reason why #2 or #3 would do that which is what you were suggesting.

It would almost certainly have to be a trade within the top 4. Anderson and Carter aren't going to slide out of the top 5 unless something truly fantastical happens, IMO.

But then the bears aren’t going to be in #2 or #3 to take those top players like you suggested. Someone will want to trade up to #1 for sure, but I can’t see any reason why #2 or #3 would do that which is what you were suggesting.

That's part of the poker game of the draft.

To stop someone else trading ahead of them, it's quite a small price to pay to get your guy moving from 2/3 to 1. Opposed to someone like Carolina jumping ahead of them and taking him.

Why trade from 2? You are in a happy situation where you take whichever is left from Young and Anderson. 3 takes Levis, Stroud or maybe Carter. Looks like 4 and 5 are going to get highly rated prospects indeed.

I think the offer to Chicago for #1 comes from outside the top ten from someone who has one specific need at either QB or Defensive line and can afford to burn multiple picks to Chicago to get that one player.

Because you need an elite QB to win the Superbowl.

Levis is going to set some poor franchise back years. The next Trubisky if I ever saw one.

Has anyone got the definitive pick order including trades already agreed? Don’t think the late games will change much

Back