• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Hold on Eagles. Quite like the idea of being the only team preventing immortal status

OL trying to recover fumbles. Why are they so bad! It’s like they’ve never seen a ball before

Got what they deserved 4 turnovers with points scored off each and the 3rd and 30. Slay had an atrocious game.

Good game but definitely a loss the Eagles will want back. Suffice to say if these teams meet again then having Hurts back would be a massive difference maker (even though Minshew was perfectly serviceable tonight).

Last edited:
God DAMN IT, Tua. I love you to bits you CANNOT DO THIS

*sigh*

Brady's 'one more season' is looking similarly regrettable. Paying a big price for a best case first round play off loss.

I also read talk that he's considering going back to New England for one last season. Please make it true.

Pretty innocuous looking hit. Apparently he was calling the wrong plays in the huddle and was generally confused. He needs to seriously think about packing it all in before his brain turns to scrambled eggs. Each new concussion makes further concussions more likely.

The Dolphins organisation and their head coach should be ashamed of themselves for throwing him back into the week 3 game against the Bills when it was obvious to everyone that he was concussed. In fact they should be facing heavy punishment IMO. They clearly put that win over and above the health of Tua. I actually feel sorry for him.

Last edited:
Was discussing this with my Dolphin following mate. This is obviously inncocuous and unfortunate (back of his head does take a massive smack though) but he says he “dicks around with the ball too much, takes unnecessary hits and doesn’t slide”.

Doesn’t help that he also seems to be made of paper too. Doesn’t seem physically capable of playing at this standard. Either needs to pack it in or get better at going down before a hit and accepting a sack.

That hit could be taken by any QB who moves outside of the pocket, debatable if he even is there. There's nothing he could really have done differently within the context of the type of QB he is

All of the hits that have led to his concussions have been legal, standard NFL hits that have resulted in his head hitting the turf. I'm not sure how he could have prevented that, really. Even this last one he'd got rid of the ball just before he got hit. I don't think there was anything he could do to avoid that?

The fault lies with the HC and the organisation who have repeatedly trotted him back out there even when knowing he'd taken a blow to his head. Doesn't surprise me with McDaniel, he comes across as a right fucking weasel.

Would taking loads of hits that don’t lead to a concussion make a concussion more likely from an innocuous one?

Would taking loads of hits that don’t lead to a concussion make a concussion more likely from an innocuous one?
I would think it's concussions that increase further concussion susceptibility. It seems that stacking concussion on concussion significantly increases the risk of further and more serious concussions and the likelihood of suffering from CTE later in life.

Yes, cumulative damage below the concussion threshold (around 90G) lowers that threshold.

Essentially every hit causes minor swelling and shearing of the nerves in the brain. If you keep doing it it increases the swelling/ nerve damage.

But this isn't Tua's problem. His problem is that threshold has been breached at least twice and seriously. There's a very good chance his cognitive ability has never recovered and may be severely impaired through permanent damage to the nerves and swelling that has not subsided sufficiently.

He should really think seriously about being retired on medical grounds or this could be very dangerous for him.

Back