• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Darnold could probably do a job a la Trent Dilfer on a good team.

The Panthers' defense is okay but the 2000 Ravens they are not. It's pretty remarkable that they've kept this close given that Evans barely needs to breathe on the CB filling in for Horn to get open.

They also really have nobody on offense who will give opposing coordinators headaches. No real next level talent for them.
He's so slow to react and doesn't feel any pressure.

I'm also really sure that Brady eliminated the Saints today. The prick.

I want to believe that TB will get smoked in their first playoff game but history says not to bet against Brady.

Fuck Aaron Rodgers and all that, but green/yellow is such an underutilized color combination in sport uniforms.

Fuck Aaron Rodgers and all that, but green/yellow is such an underutilized color combination in sport uniforms.
Serie a is banning green kits from next season (existing teams who play in traditional green home shirts will not yet be affected).

He's full of himself and an arrogant knob, but Jaire Alexander is also a heck of a player.

Alan's from the South, they could have a high 6
giphy.gif

I do love the banjo...

If the Vikings come back from this one, just stop the season and give them the Super Bowl title

They should sit the starters now and next week as well and whatever happens happens. If they go into the play offs and Bradbury and O'Neil can't play then they havent got a chance no matter who they play.

This thread is going to be active tomorrow, I expect.

I think I’m in something of a state of shock.

The New York Times said Hamlin tackled Higgins and they collided at top speed but Higgins helmet hit Hamlin in the chest area.
Hamlin quickly got up but after taking 2 steps collapsed backwards and his body went limp. well it would do, his heart had stopped beating!
Whilst they treated him on the pitch for 30 minutes, it's unclear how long it took the medical guys to restart his heart with CPR being administered on the pitch. I hope it wasn't too long and his brain isn't damaged and he makes a full recovery.
We've seen this time and again with the NFL dickying around with the rules more recently making it illegal to hit the opponent in the chest head area with the crown of the helmet. Was it only last week a player did that and put the receiver into a concussion protocol got sent off and subsequently fined?
You hear players celebrating a high speed collision where the player's helmets are used as part of the tackle.
It's truly amazing the way players get up after some of the tackles they're involved in, being tackled at speed by 1, 2 or occasionally 3 players simultaneously, what's that? Around 900lbs hitting you at a impact speed of around 30 mph?
I genuinely think that tackle last night is one of those 'Where were you / What were you doing when that happened?' moments.
How will players feel comfortable about reproducing a hit (tackle) like that in the future, will it be on their mind?
The NFL is already being dragged kicking and screaming into the concussion debate. I've read some half assed comments about 'trying to take the violence out of the game', 'about looking after the welfare of every player'. My Arse!
Now this is only my view, having been brought up in the North of England watching Rugby League whilst enjoying the variance of Rugby Union, and I know it'll never happen, because there are millions of kids in America learning how to do this, play like this...And it's far too deep in the American pysche but I've thought if the NFL really felt it was looking after the welfare of every player, they'd look at UK Rugby League and do away with helmets, then by association a good bit of the padding.
I know, far too radical, but seeing a healthy 24 year old lying limp and lifeless on the pitch after a massive collision largely caused by a solid mass of 270 pounds with a hard bullet shaped point on it, impacting his chest will I imagine sit for a long time in the minds of those players on the pitch last night. I wonder if it will affect how they run at and tackle (assault) someone in the weeks ahead?
Because it should!

The New York Times said Hamlin tackled Higgins and they collided at top speed but Higgins helmet hit Hamlin in the chest area.
Hamlin quickly got up but after taking 2 steps collapsed backwards and his body went limp. well it would do, his heart had stopped beating!
Whilst they treated him on the pitch for 30 minutes, it's unclear how long it took the medical guys to restart his heart with CPR being administered on the pitch. I hope it wasn't too long and his brain isn't damaged and he makes a full recovery.
We've seen this time and again with the NFL dickying around with the rules more recently making it illegal to hit the opponent in the chest head area with the crown of the helmet. Was it only last week a player did that and put the receiver into a concussion protocol got sent off and subsequently fined?
You hear players celebrating a high speed collision where the player's helmets are used as part of the tackle.
It's truly amazing the way players get up after some of the tackles they're involved in, being tackled at speed by 1, 2 or occasionally 3 players simultaneously, what's that? Around 900lbs hitting you at a impact speed of around 30 mph?
I genuinely think that tackle last night is one of those 'Where were you / What were you doing when that happened?' moments.
How will players feel comfortable about reproducing a hit (tackle) like that in the future, will it be on their mind?
The NFL is already being dragged kicking and screaming into the concussion debate. I've read some half assed comments about 'trying to take the violence out of the game', 'about looking after the welfare of every player'. My Arse!
Now this is only my view, having been brought up in the North of England watching Rugby League whilst enjoying the variance of Rugby Union, and I know it'll never happen, because there are millions of kids in America learning how to do this, play like this...And it's far too deep in the American pysche but I've thought if the NFL really felt it was looking after the welfare of every player, they'd look at UK Rugby League and do away with helmets, then by association a good bit of the padding.
I know, far too radical, but seeing a healthy 24 year old lying limp and lifeless on the pitch after a massive collision largely caused by a solid mass of 270 pounds with a hard bullet shaped point on it, impacting his chest will I imagine sit for a long time in the minds of those players on the pitch last night. I wonder if it will affect how they run at and tackle (assault) someone in the weeks ahead?
Because it should!
Can in suggest you educate yourself

What you've written is as accurate as Braveheart.

It isn't the offensive player initiating contact though, by definition it's the defender.

You can't take a play like yesterday's out of the game as it exists today. The offensive player is always going to be leaning forwards to gain extra yardage so will be leading with their head on a play like that.

I'm not educated enough on the situation or rugby to comment on how you could improve safety, I would imagine though that unless you play some form of flag football that helmets prevent more injuries than they cause.

Back