• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Zach Wilson when asked if the Jets' offense let down the defense yesterday: "No. No."

7 possessions. 2 yards. But didn't let the defense down.

Zach Wilson when asked if the Jets' offense let down the defense yesterday: "No. No."

7 possessions. 2 yards. But didn't let the defense down.
And has supposedly torn the locker room apart because of it

He's getting crucified today. Rightfully so.

Even without the other stuff I don't like about him, saying that after that performance is an unbelievable abdication of duty.

One fun tidbit that's come from this: JaMarcus Russell had better numbers after 20 games than Wilson has.

Incredible to think that Wilson is a guy Tony Romo was saying could be the next Mahomes. And this isn’t even about the team being crackpot. They can compete.

Lawrence not doing a lot better. I thought these were the generational draft QB talents together ? Both seem quite shit.

Incredible to think that Wilson is a guy Tony Romo was saying could be the next Mahomes. And this isn’t even about the team being crackpot. They can compete.
Obviously they are in a tough division, but put a mediocre QB like Daniel Jones in to just take what's there and not give the ball away like Daboll has got him doing in the same stadium and they'd be play off bound.

Lawrence not doing a lot better. I thought these were the generational draft QB talents together ? Both seem quite shit.
Lawrence was and has shown improvement this year, although very up and down, could still go either way with him. Wilson like Fields and Lance were calculated punts on the upside.

I mean being a top pick QB is really the ultimate mental test. Those guys have generally spent their whole football lives being THE guy, winning all the time in high school, generally winning all the time in college, and generally being in the best situation to be successful at all times.

Then you get to the NFL, thrown into a team that usually has a talent deficit (that you are now expected to make up for singlehandedly) and possibly significant organizational problems. And suddenly you aren’t the Golden Boy anymore, you’re “the guy with worse stats than JaMarcus fucking Russell”.

Not everyone is built to handle that flip in environment.

I'd add Hurts into that too.
He was the class before. Signed to never start, but signing him meant that eventually he did. Roseman only ever wanted a solid backup to cover the starter for the games he missed every season.

Circling back to Alan's earlier post what makes Hurts stand out most over his predecessor in Philly and Wilson is his leadership and accountability. He's not on the same level as a Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, but as a leader he's fantastic, his teammates love him on both sides of the ball

If you’re not familiar with the tale of his benching in college I can regale you, but suffice to say he showed more character in that moment than most players do over a career.

If you’re not familiar with the tale of his benching in college I can regale you, but suffice to say he showed more character in that moment than most players do over a career.
The ht pull for Tua? Yes, then he went to Oklahoma and was a Heisman finalist. He's had a charisma bypass which I guess will cost him commercially on a national level, but that also makes him the player he is, no ups or downs

An important detail, as well, is that he didn't transfer to OU immediately. He stayed at Alabama for his junior season and thus backed up Tua for basically the entire year.

Watched the 49ers game back. Jimmy G is playing well enough in taking what's there and protecting the ball to let their explosive players do their YAC jobs. NFC favourites for me

Watched the 49ers game back. Jimmy G is playing well enough in taking what's there and protecting the ball to let their explosive players do their YAC jobs. NFC favourites for me
I like that about the 49ers. Their explosive players are very good but it's Bosa and the rest of the D that are looking in top form.

I watched most of the 49ers game. SF are playing some great stuff now they have weapons all over their offence, and Garropolo is a man reborn in that organisation. Eli Mitchell is an absolute beast at finding ways through defences.

Cardinals however look disorganised and fragile everywhere. Their OL was terrible last night and McCoy barely stood a chance against that aggressive a defence. Dortch at WR was about their only shining light other than the ever reliable Hopkins.

I like that about the 49ers. Their explosive players are very good but it's Bosa and the rest of the D that are looking in top form.
Yes, even in the play offs you can't see a team putting more than early 20s on them at the moment, so if Jimmy is efficient they are very dangerous

I watched most of the 49ers game. SF are playing some great stuff now they have weapons all over their offence, and Garropolo is a man reborn in that organisation. Eli Mitchell is an absolute beast at finding ways through
That's what WS and I were talking about the other night, being smart with running backs. CMC ran the ball 7 times and had as many catches. Carolina would give him 30plus touches a game and unsurprisingly he kept breaking down. They can use Mitchell to protect a lead and see a game out

Back