• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

Agree 100% - but she is very nice to look at

She is. :)

Another thing,apparently they wanted to make the cybermen scary again...the half rusted arm and head wriggling around in The pandorica opens (I think it was) were more scary than an entire army of these guys.

The inner mind struggle between Doctor and Cyber-Doctor was interesting...the rest was 'meh' and I'm not sure I like the kids if they're staying - better to have just stuck with Clara.

Just watched it.

They're ruining the show. Absolutely awful episode - the characters are all over the place, the story was abysmal and what the hell the kids were there for is beyond me.

It's easily the worst series since it came back - the finale next week just isn't going to deliver, is it?

That was filmed at Castle Coch which is near me :)

Other than that, I suppose it was OK in that it had an interesting concept but it was poorly delivered. Certainly not as good as the previous Neil Gaiman episode. One thing I didn't like was that the kids were already on board at the start of the episode making me feel like I had missed the first five minutes or so.

the finale next week just isn't going to deliver, is it?

I still have hope Moffat saved the best for last,but with no build up in this episode I fear it will be too much stuff in every direction again.
Apparently the Victorian trio is in this one too.

I'm not keen on them TBH.

I wonder if they're going to set up the 50th anniversary special by leaving it on a massive cliffhanger until November?

That was filmed at Chepstow Castle a few weeks ago :)

I'm not keen on them TBH.

Neither am I,Strax was fine in the Snowmen but that's it.

I wonder if they're going to set up the 50th anniversary special by leaving it on a massive cliffhanger until November?

Possible ofcourse,but didn't Moffat say only stand alone episodes? They could tack on a few kids freefalling at the end obviously :)

I actually didn't mind that one, better than a couple of the others for me. The kids were just annoying though

New look for the Doctor?

BKPayk1CcAAFBt3.jpg

The BBC has pleaded with Doctor Who fans who’ve seen this week’s series finale not to post spoilers online. Showrunner Stephen Moffat also promised to release exclusive content if they don’t spill the beans.

The plea came after a blunder in the United States where a distribution error meant DVDs of the second half of the current series have gone out early — complete with the final episode that won’t be broadcast until Saturday. The discs weren’t meant to be out for another three weeks.

BBC Worldwide, which handles distribution, is currently looking into how the mistake happened. It said “We are asking fans who may have the discs not to divulge plot details so that fellow fans who have yet to see the episodes do not have their viewing pleasure ruined.”

The episode is set to involve a revelation involving the Doctor, most likely relating to his real name in some fashion.

The statement added that Moffat was willing to offer a trade: if fans keep things under wraps, he’ll post an exclusive clip of the current Doctor and his predecessors (Matt Smith and David Tennant respectively), which is almost certainly from the filming of a 50th anniversary special to air in November.

It seems highly unlikely the leak is some form of publicity stunt. Moffat has previously been passionately critical of people who discover plot points and reveal them before transmission.

On the face of it, this seems to be a losing battle: it appears video of Saturday’s episode is already doing the rounds of filesharing services.

However, even if details do leak online, it won’t necessarily affect the viewing audience. Last summer virtually the entire contents of the Olympics opening ceremony (including James Bond and the Queen) were published on a US website, four days in advance, but remained a secret to most of the British public — despite thousands of people being involved in the rehearsals.

I'd take that,if the girl comes with it! :)

Cool episode. Really enjoyed that one!

It wasn't bad, good little twist.

Cool episode. Really enjoyed that one!

I wish I felt that way.

I can't get past the fact Moffat pissed all over the Who history.Now it was Clara who saved the Doctor in every story.She happily forgot she was caring for two kids and merrily jumped to her death,well we all know she wouldn't die but it was really really dangerous jumping into the time stream.

Not to mention the total lack of danger and death,Jenny killed,we bring her back...easily.Jenny and everyone else erased from history,no problem we'll fix that.

Annoyed.

I wish I felt that way.

I can't get past the fact Moffat pissed all over the Who history.Now it was Clara who saved the Doctor in every story.She happily forgot she was caring for two kids and merrily jumped to her death,well we all know she wouldn't die but it was really really dangerous jumping into the time stream.

Not to mention the total lack of danger and death,Jenny killed,we bring her back...easily.Jenny and everyone else erased from history,no problem we'll fix that.

Annoyed.

Reading this, I don't think science fiction and fantasy are your thing. The whole story is based on preposterous assumptions and the viewer is invited, nay required, to suspend belief. It is fiction and it employs various devices to tell a story. If you want to gat over analytical, it actually makes more sense to know that an invisible hand has helped the doctor out of some impossible situations - the ill fated McGann era for example. At least we now know that this Clara might be respo so le for rescuing the world from this abomination.

Reading this, I don't think science fiction and fantasy are your thing. The whole story is based on preposterous assumptions and the viewer is invited, nay required, to suspend belief. It is fiction and it employs various devices to tell a story. If you want to gat over analytical, it actually makes more sense to know that an invisible hand has helped the doctor out of some impossible situations - the ill fated McGann era for example. At least we now know that this Clara might be respo so le for rescuing the world from this abomination.

I love RTD's Who,and I like many sci-fi series and movies.

Moffat's version though,I agree sadly does not seem to be my thing.Funny thing is,his episodes during RTD's time are my absolute favourites.

Back