• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

Almost done with Pertwee.I like the variety in monsters/enemies,good stories most of them.Companions even worse at wandering off back then,they arrive and immediately wander off straight into the monster's/enemies' hands,every time. ;)

Told you!!

Have you seen The Sea Devils? That's a belter.

Told you!!

Have you seen The Sea Devils? That's a belter.

Yes,very good. :) I'm about to embark on The Time Warrior,that's when SJS is introduced I think?

Correct. And also the introduction of the Sontarans.

Excellent.I liked it so much I've already ordered the next box,hopefully I'll be watching Tom Baker in a few days or so.

Excellent.I liked it so much I've already ordered the next box,hopefully I'll be watching Tom Baker in a few days or so.

Tom Baker's first few seasons are my favourites of the whole series.

Finally gotten round to watching the last episode of the current season and I quite enjoyed it. This one really grabbed my attention. However I am a little surprised that the River they contacted was the "dead" version rather than the "alive" version. While it was nice to have some closure on the "dead" version, I do hope we are going to get some more of the "alive" version coming next season? Surely there's still lots more they can do with River before she meets the Doctor for the first time.

That's a pretty good article actually - some of the episodes in the 80's were inexplicably bad, and I'm pleased they highlighted the shitness of Bonnie Langford. In amongst the crud such as Time and the Rani, Timelash etc was some pretty good science fiction (Caves of Androzani, The Visitation, Vengeance on Varos), and for every shite character such as Mel (Langford's character) there was a superb character such as Sharaz Jek

It certainly wasn't ALL bad and as was highlighted, some of the decisions taken by the producers were baffling.

But the Myrka has to be seen to be believed. :icon_lol:

Surely there's still lots more they can do with River before she meets the Doctor for the first time.

Won't he need to cross his own timeline or something to do that?

Probably not a problem anymore anyway,anything goes these days and now he's got Super-Clara fragmented through time to help.Or was that just in the past? No,must be until he dies surely....or? ;)

November 23rd is the next episode,then there is the Christmas Special.Also Mark Gatiss is working on something called "An adventure through time" about the origins of the Doctor or something like that..

November 23rd is the next episode,then there is the Christmas Special.Also Mark Gatiss is working on something called "An adventure through time" about the origins of the Doctor or something like that..

That's a drama about the birth of the show I think. It looks good. The chap who played Walder Frey in Game of Thrones has been cast as William Hartnell.

That's a drama about the birth of the show I think. It looks good. The chap who played Walder Frey in Game of Thrones has been cast as William Hartnell.

Oh,about the show...that will be extremely interesting actually.

Tom Baker is brilliant. ;)

Isn't he just? He's my hero. And is THE Doctor.

Isn't he just? He's my hero. And is THE Doctor.

Absolutely,if the brilliant start continues I could see him overtake Tennant and Eccleston on my personal ranking.They're my favourites more because I love the RTD stories/era than anything else so it's doable. :)

Absolutely,if the brilliant start continues I could see him overtake Tennant and Eccleston on my personal ranking.They're my favourites more because I love the RTD stories/era than anything else so it's doable. :)

Have you seen Genesis of the Daleks yet? That's my all time favourite.

At the risk of sounding geeky, that's currently on Virgin Media's On Demand service for free.

In which case I'd advise anyone with that service to watch it. Tremendous TV.

Back