• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Nerdy Dr Who Geekfest Thread

Got my first Doctor Who DVD box last week,decided to start with Jon Pertwee and I've watched the first 4-5 stories.

First impressions:Good stories,surprisingly good actually.The 7 part stories a little bit longwinded/drawn out but nothing I can't handle! :)

The Doctor and Brigadeer are fine actors,but the supporting casts/acting in the various stories are a bit rubbish,I can even handle that because the stories are good.

I didn't know some of the new Who stories are so heavily based on classic ones.Rose=Spearhead from Space and The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood=The Silurians.

Very happy I finally get to watch old Who. :)

I'm surprised but very pleased that you like them!

Pertwee's stories improve in his 2nd and 3rd series - I love the series with the introduction of The Master (Roger Delgado still the original and best incarnation IMO).

I'm surprised but very pleased that you like them!

Pertwee's stories improve in his 2nd and 3rd series - I love the series with the introduction of The Master (Roger Delgado still the original and best incarnation IMO).

Yeah I'm surprised too mate,because I sort of expected not to like it...and things don't usually go well for the subject in question when I have that starting point.

So I'm extremely pleased. :)

Oh and you mentioned some of the poor acting in it - the worst ever performance I've ever seen in the show was in a serial called The Mutants (a Pertwee adventure from around 1973-ish). There's a guy in that who is as bad as I've ever seen in any show ever. Ever.

image.php

I had to Google the actor's name (Rick James) but he plays a soldier called Cotton. The story is actually pretty good and worth a watch, but if you do see it, watch out for Ricky boy. It's almost hilarious.

if you do see it, watch out for Ricky boy. It's almost hilarious.

Will do! :icon_mrgreen:

(and I have a feeling you could have left out "almost" if you wanted). :)

Will do! :icon_mrgreen:

(and I have a feeling you could have left out "almost" if you wanted). :)

Almost....! But it grates me that I could do better and have never got 'the call'.

Almost....! But it grates me that I could do better and have never got 'the call'.

There's an actor in us all. :)

I've just been introduced to the first "a little something for Dad".....Jo Grant. ;)

Well maybe not the first but the first for me hehe

She posed nude with a Dalek after she left the show.

Just uploaded from your hard drive, Pad?

No - google is my friend. The second shot is more than enough to deflate any Jo Grant tumescence permanently...

Jo Grant was never one of my favourites. She was no Leela or Peri.

Peri.....

hubbahubbahubba

Leela left a profound impression on my childhood too.

Jo Grant was never one of my favourites. She was no Leela or Peri.

She was a bit annoying.Are Leela and Peri somewhere in my future? (I plan to purchase from Pertwee to the 26th season).

And no pics! I want to be surprised. ;)

Leela was with Tom baker after Sarah Jane. Peri was with Colin baker in the eighties. Great tits.

Almost done with Pertwee.I like the variety in monsters/enemies,good stories most of them.Companions even worse at wandering off back then,they arrive and immediately wander off straight into the monster's/enemies' hands,every time. ;)

Back