• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I like that. Not heard much of the lines just recently.

Did I tell you that The Lines dedicated a song to us a few days after I got married? I used to know the guitarist. Almost 5 years to the day, in fact.

Ben Folds 5 Doing a tour.

Birthday present sorted.

Since the Drummer posted that link up, I've done nothing but watch Brit Floyd and now David Gilmour on You Tube.
I've got fuck all done but fantastic music.
Especially the Fender 50th Anniversary at I think The Royal Albert Hall. Spellbinding.

Really looking forward to going to The Point now ....

(Still steadfastly refusing to call it 'The O2')

Tell me this...
Is it possible to download any of Gilmour's music if that little 'Download to RealPlayer' doesn't pop up?

The setting. The time. The sky. The band. The song. Just beautiful.

Can't be doing with any of that boring middle of the road folky shit, this is where the cool is really at:

Brit Floyd was fantastic!

What brilliant music, and all that stuff with the lighting, stunning stuff! It's as though they actually have Pink Floyd's original lighting set.

Brilliant evening. As The Drummer said, tons of air guitar and singing your bollocks off.

I'll download some of the 400 photos I took and see if they're up to much...

Last edited:
The lead singer from The Subways has just replied to two of my Tweets, i feel so honoured!

Finally got around to listening to the AWOLNATION CD... really good, actually.

A return to form?

I don't know about a return to form, it's pretty average. And that's coming from a HUGE Maximo Park fan. It's certainly not as good as the title track for the new album, which was released to listen to on their website when the album was announced:

I just hope the album is better than the last one, which apart from 2 or 3 standout tracks, was very unremarkable. I've grown to really love Roller Disco Dreams though. I love songs which delay the chorus later into the song until after a couple of verses, especially when the chorus is fantastic:

Incidentally while I'm on the subject of MP, they did a pretty good cover of The Go-Betweens song Was There Anything I could Do?

Back