• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Nice chords, and then yer man from The Proclaimers started warbling

His accent is brilliant!

He does seem pretty weird though, the other day he said on Twitter that he'd fed a banana to a goose from his mouth on the Manchester ship canal.

I saw the Proclaimers at V Festival once. They made the foolish error of playing 500 miles halfway through their set. The tent emptied as soon as they finished that song!

I was also most displeased that they didn't play this:

I'm aware there are fans on here, so:

Frank Turner at wolves civic tickets went on sale today.
As did tickets for Mark Lanegan (same venue).

Oh, & Little angels are doing a download warm up show in oxford in June. I am so there! Tickets now ordered.

regression into youth commences...

Still waiting for zavvi to send me the spiritualized album though - a week after release :rage:

I'm aware there are fans on here, so:

Frank Turner at wolves civic tickets went on sale today.
As did tickets for Mark Lanegan (same venue).
Def will be getting some tickets for Frank Turner.

A couple of amazing covers

Sticking to the world of covers (which has taken over my life somewhat):

Listened to this the other day for the first time in ages. What a great cover from a fantastic album.

Dedicated to DW! :D

Last edited:
Funnily enough just as I was about to leave hospital the other week I had a woman from hospital radio come round the ward and asking for a requests. I picked that. The original that is. Not a very original one to pick I know but I'd just been listening to it on my iPhone when she came around!

Blimey this takes me back to my 6th Form days!!

Anyone else remember this? Not a bad song really.

Just watching a BBC4 documentary on Burt Bacharach. Damn that bloke was a good songwriter! But more importantly his attention to detail on his arrangements is what sets him apart. His songs sound staggeringly simple but when you investigate they are seriously complex in both chordology and time signatures. And the music and lyrical melody interlock in a very unique way that can't be deviated from without ruining the overall effect. He was a bloody genius!

I also never realised that one of my favourite songs of all time is a BB composition - Close To You by The Carpenters. David Carpenter just rearranged it for themselves. I can't say I've ever heard the original BB arrangement either.

Watched the ska/70s show on bbc4 the other day, which was fun!
Spent the weekend listening to the new spiritualized album (yeah, finally - thanks zavvi - never buying shit from you ever again, fuckwits! :rage:)
Starts off really brilliantly. Gets a bit mellow & in a way, struggles a little to get going again.
I like it. Very garage-y. It has earned the right to try to be a grower, so will get extra goes...

Back