• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

On the gigs thing, I think there was a thread where we posted our best live experiences. With the amount of common experiences we're listing here, I'm almost tempted to dig out my photo albums & post up a full list for comparison! :icon_lol:

A couple of months ago I went to see a small gig at the hare & hounds in brum with a mate. We were stood by the doorway, & this fella walked past. As he walked past us, he paused, looked at us (smallish white guy with a fairly large black friend - we probably stick out a bit!) and leaned in saying "you 2 went to public enemy at the institute recently didn't you?" We said "yeah!". He then reeled off 2-3 other gigs he'd seen us at, shook our hands, & wished us a great night! :happy:

Mad how you meet these people!

Jesus wept, it's all coming back to me now. The gig was at the Wulfrun. We must've bumped into each other either there or at Mike Lloyd's, as neither event was particularly well attended!

Wouldn't it be hilarious if we realised we were lifelong friends who went to these gigs together & started posting on here being none the wiser!:icon_eek:

Who's going to see Blur at the Civic then?!

Got my tickets this morning through the pre-sale :D

For Stale.....an absolute floorfiller, heard this in a club last week and the place went nuts. Soundtrack to the Summer? I think so.....

Listened to the EP this is off on the way to work this morning. Lovely!

Maximo Park have done a couple of acoustic versions of tracks from the upcoming new album which are really great:

There's a whole night of Pink Floyd on BBC4 right now. Fucking awesome!

There's a whole night of Pink Floyd on BBC4 right now. Fucking awesome!

Yeah, that was some excellent stuff. Seen the retrospective before, but loved the making of wish you were here, which I'd only seen part of before.

Really liking the new Garbage album at the moment. Only 1 duff track really.

Yeah, that was some excellent stuff. Seen the retrospective before, but loved the making of wish you were here, which I'd only seen part of before.

I saw that last night. Wish You Were Here is one of my favourite albums ever so thought it was fascinating - didn't know they had another vocalist on Have A Cigar.

Really, really sad story about Syd Barrett coming to the studio during the recording and no-one recognising him.

Really, really sad story about Syd Barrett coming to the studio during the recording and no-one recognising him.

That one small but significant moment was the inspiration behind Shine On You Crazy Diamond, one of their best ever songs.

If any of you guys ever get the chance to catch Brit Floyd, do it, as its the closest thing to seeing the actual Pink Floyd

Back