• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Watching Johnny Cash live at Montreux in 1994 on Sky Arts.

Bloody ace.

when I think of Johnny Cash I just think of this wonderful song

Currently enjoying a bit of a Floyd phase.

I'm now on the train listening to Echoes with the volume turned up pretty high.

What. A. Tune.

It is indeed. Moved onto Dark Side of the Moon after that ended.

Currently enjoying a bit of a Floyd phase.

I'm now on the train listening to Echoes with the volume turned up pretty high.

What. A. Tune.

My fave Pink Floyd tune, so many parts, and when the duel guitar part kicks in after that eerie bit in the middle, its like rays of sunshine breaking through dark storm clouds. I think on this tune, Pink Floyd finally found their 'sound'. Meddle is indeed a great album, Fearless is great.
After the Brit Floyd gig Im also having a bit of a Pink Floyd phase, even finally getting really into The Division Bell. What Do You Want From Me and Keep Talking are great tracks.

High Hopes is my favourite track from the Division Bell.

I quite like end of the world by skeeter davis. A depressive yet powerful song

Went & saw the awesome Little Angels last night in Oxford. Warm up show for their download performance. Twas ace. Properly regressed into my youth!

Talking of which, I pulled out the debut album from this amd recently & forgot how excellent it was:

Awaits to learn whether or not Lupine went to see em at the civic in 1993? :icon_wink:

The new Maximo Park album dropped on my mat this morning.

It's brilliant!!! Loving it. So glad as well after the disappointment of the previous one.

Sheer heart Attack was possibly Queens best Album. I liked the early Queen stuff, but not so keen on the later music.

1.Queen 2
2.Sheer Heart Attack
3.A Night at the Opera

for me.

Btw Sheer Heart Attack was the first album I ever bought,in 1974. :)

I'm very fond of Jazz.

Mainly for "Dead On Time" which is beyond awesome.

Hello.

I've read a few Music threads on various forums over the years but never have I read a thread with so few references to bands I listen to and so many band names I've either never heard of or never heard play....for every 100 bands mentioned I've probably not heard or heard of 98 of them. :)

So my taste is obviously far from most people here it seems.Another one of my (mis)conceptions shattered,I thought at least 50% of British music lovers had a place in their Cd rack for Prog rock of various kinds.

I don't mind listen to alot of different stuff but what I generally buy is Prog rock,power metal,heavy metal and hard rock.

Some of my favourite bands are Arena,Pendragon,Genesis,Marillion (Fish era),Edguy,Gamma Ray,Sabaton,Ayreon,Blind Guardian,Rhapsody (Of Fire),Shadow Gallery,Sonata Arctica,Nightwish,Uriah Heep,Elvis Costello(first few albums),Boomtown Rats,Virgin Steele,Stranglers,Graham Parker,Ian Hunter/Mott the Hoople,Sparks,Squeeze,The Only Ones,Strawbs,Stiff Little Fingers,The Jam,Helloween,Iced Earth,Deep Purple,early Status Quo.

:)

Back