• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Why do people rush out to buy the music of people who have just died...music they would not of bought otherwise?

Puzzling...

New Generations suddenly have their interest spiked by the news of the death maybe

Mogwai's The Hawk Is Howling has been getting a generous blasting today.

Well it has been almost a week since the death of my absolute hero.

The only positive side to all this is the amount of people now discovering Bowie's work.

I've played pretty much all of the Bowie albums I've got. There are some sizeable gaps in my collection, mind you! I've got the following:

Aladdin Sane
Best of Bowie
Diamond Dogs (my personal favourite)
Heroes
Hunky Dory
The Man Who Sold The World
Outside
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
Scary Monsters
Space Oddity
Young Americans

I must make amends and get the rest.

Well it has been almost a week since the death of my absolute hero.

The only positive side to all this is the amount of people now discovering Bowie's work.

Yeah, I went to see Henry Rollins last night and he was discussing his Bowie fandom, and finished by saying to people, if you haven't already discovered Bowie, do it now, and if you have a friend who hasn't discovered him, get them into him.
I was sitting with a mate from work who was asking me last week, about the best Bowie album to get started with as he wasn't a fan and was curious. After seeing that, he's now downloaded Hunky Dorie, Heroes, Low & The Rise and Fall....

Good places to start.
I always recommend Station to Station, Lodger, Aladdin Sane and Diamond Dogs!
Young Americans is class too.

Ian, I'm sure I can help with that.

Good places to start.
I always recommend Station to Station, Lodger, Aladdin Sane and Diamond Dogs!
Young Americans is class too.

Ian, I'm sure I can help with that.

I was sure I had Low, but it doesn't look like I have!

new Underworld single!

Sounds absolutely nothing like what you'd expect.

Yeah, it's quite crap actually. Very much a music by numbers kind of tune. I don't hold out much hope for the new album, I've heard some samples and it's all a bit 'meh'

Got 3 months free subscription to Google Play Music with my new phone. Bonus. I'll be downloading as many albums as I possibly can in the next 3 months!

Those downloads won't be any use if you cancel after the three months.

Buddy Guy playing one night at the Hammersmith Apollo in London in July. Might have to beg, steal and borrow to get a ticket.

Buddy Guy playing one night at the Hammersmith Apollo in London in July. Might have to beg, steal and borrow to get a ticket.

Wow - I saw him in 2008, one of the best performances I've ever seen. The man is a legend. Make sure you see him!!

I too am very tempted. Alas at £58 plus fees (starting prices) a ticket I suspect I'll not be able to afford that one.

Just been told De La Soul are the first headliner booked for Mostly Jazz this year. Sounds like I'll be returning.

Back