• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I just catalogued everything I had in my collection on there. Interesting to see what's worthless and what people will pay money for. Ride stuff goes well, as does anything on 4AD. Elvis not so much.

In other music news, I'm enjoying Lanterns on the Lake.

friggin hell, that must have taken a while. did you do cds as well?

did you have to register and does it give you some overall value range? I've not actual done anything from an insurance perspective other than photograph my cds.

which 4ad stuff did you look at? i've got a couple of ride records - first album and an ep i think.

friggin hell, that must have taken a while. did you do cds as well?

did you have to register and does it give you some overall value range? I've not actual done anything from an insurance perspective other than photograph my cds.

which 4ad stuff did you look at? i've got a couple of ride records - first album and an ep i think.

Just vinyl. My vinyl collections no longer that extensive, only around 350 albums since I sold a lot off (yes, yes, I know, but it was when we were moving house a lot and I couldn't be arsed lugging it all around). Discogs is actually really easy to use - just bang in the catalogue number, sigh at how little it's worth, and click add to collection.

Ride's Nowhere goes up to £60. The first eps were around £20 I think.

Pixies, Pale Saints, TMC, Cocteaus, Lush all seem to go for up to £30.

Just vinyl. My vinyl collections no longer that extensive, only around 350 albums since I sold a lot off (yes, yes, I know, but it was when we were moving house a lot and I couldn't be arsed lugging it all around). Discogs is actually really easy to use - just bang in the catalogue number, sigh at how little it's worth, and click add to collection.

Ride's Nowhere goes up to £60. The first eps were around £20 I think.

Pixies, Pale Saints, TMC, Cocteaus, Lush all seem to go for up to £30.

at home today, just spent an hour and a half putting stuff in. quite addictive.

really wish I'd never bought CDs now!

at home today, just spent an hour and a half putting stuff in. quite addictive.

really wish I'd never bought CDs now!

Yeah, it really is. I haven't started on CDs yet. Mind you, I Music Magpied a whole load last year as I don't really have an emotional connection with CDs so it wouldn't be so painful.

Yeah, it really is. I haven't started on CDs yet. Mind you, I Music Magpied a whole load last year as I don't really have an emotional connection with CDs so it wouldn't be so painful.

i photographed my cds and put them in the loft.

i've noticed though that for some of the more recent special edition vinyl where a cd was included I should probably keep the cd with the vinyl. i don't expect my 80s vinyl will be worth much apart from the smiths stuff maybe.

The only thing I couldn't find on there was a Suicidal Tendencies white label that I have, which just has "Suicidal Tendencies" scrawled on the label in biro. It's just in a clear plastic sleeve with no numbers or idenitifying marks. I think I bought it at a gig of theirs. I'm thinking this could be the big one - a mega yacht is out there with my name on it. :)

Kinda worried that I'm likely to end up doing all this discogs stuff.

I've the lemon jelly dot ky album on vinyle, and a few of the initial screenprinted ep's. I've maidens soundhouse tapes too. Oh look! You've got me wondering now...!

Seperately, been enjoying Mogwai's Central Belters a lot recently.

more importantly, transitions/song positions on the cds - where did it go wrong? don't hold back, it always seems a bit rushed for me to get right esp end of the cds.
Haven't forgotten, and will post something soon mate. Need to give Oh! another listen first.

I know what you mean regarding the end. I always found that at the beginning it's easier - you know what you're going to include. The end is deciding what to cut, not what to keep.
Will post a review by the weekend!

Kinda worried that I'm likely to end up doing all this discogs stuff.

I've the lemon jelly dot ky album on vinyle, and a few of the initial screenprinted ep's. I've maidens soundhouse tapes too. Oh look! You've got me wondering now...!

Make sure it's an original Soundhouse Tapes. My mate who I caught up with after 20 years recently, he'd always believed he had an original copy from back when we were teenagers. He found out recently it was a fake. As a massive Maiden fan, he was was gutted.
http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com/?url=album0_soundhouse/realorfake&lang=eng&link=albums

So my instinct was to go for Grr! first. Not sure why, but so it was...

Particular standouts on this disc were Wolf Alice, Thee Oh Sees, Fuzz, and especially Spectres, like a delightful blend of early beta Band with psyche Spiritualized.

Oh! was quite interesting. Again the especial faves were Tame Impala (magic opening track that!), Froth, Ultimate painting, Victories at Sea, and Speedy Ortiz.

very interesting having the 2 cds. Both were quite different. Grr! was a more consistent listen, very similar themes as well as styles throughout. A strong collection, as was easy to pop the cd on & allow it to flow for its full length. There wasn't a track I disliked tbh.

Oh was a lot more varied, almost incoherent at times, definitely more a drunken stagger than the straight march of Grr! That said, there was more contrast on this disc, & I feel a bit that the tracks I liked off this disc got more of a reaction, probably owing to this contrast.

Grr! is more steady. Oh! had the higher peaks.

Off to see Maximo Park with my daughter at the Birmingham Institute tomorrow night.

I bet I'm the oldest person in the venue!

Really looking forward to it.

Let me know how it goes. I'm a huge MP fan but their last album was a big let down.

They're just touring their first album at the moment aren't they?

Back