• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I wouldn't have been going anyway so makes no difference on that front. Those £80+ tickets were right at the back of the NEC too, hardly prime spot, wonder what you were getting for £40, a spot in the concourse?

Absolutely devastated by Scott Weiland's passing, was a big STP fan when he was in them, and was lucky enough to see them once live and the gig was immense.

Just tried to buy some Adele tickets for a present for my girlfriend, page wouldn't even load for the first few minutes due to demand then when it finally did the cheapest available tickets were ~£85, I'll pass thanks.

You must really like her [emoji18]

Download 2016 is shaping up nicely:

CVj6JvRW4AAflQC.jpg:large

Lawnmower Deth are fantastic live. Three excellent headliners there as well.

I own all of those. Still tempting I guess, but without a vinyl player now I guess I will pass.

I only have Far Beyond Driven.
Wouldn't mind a copy of Cowboys From Hell, but not breaking a neck to get it.

My record player broke (well actually, my dad nicked my stylus) years ago. I used various other bits of the hi-fi til they all broke. When I moved last year I bought a record player, & though it only gets minimal use, I love it!

Cowboys and Vulgar are excellent albums. Really excellent. ESPECIALLY Vulgar.

Cowboys and Vulgar are excellent albums. Really excellent. ESPECIALLY Vulgar.

For years, Vulgar was my favourite album of theirs, but now I am veering towards Trendkill.

Far Beyond Driven was the first Pantera album I owned and the tunes are top notch, but for me, I prefer the diversity of Trendkill, it's more dynamic and Phil's lyrics are darker.

Neil Peart announced his retirement after 40 years with the magical Rush. But Geddy Lee has said that Peart is just taking a break for a few months. I hope Geddy is right.

Went to see El Vy at the Electric Ballroom. The album's not that great so wasn't expecting much but turned out to be a good night. Matt Berninger (The National) is always good value on stage.

Support was from The Penny Serfs, who I didn't know but were excellent. Properly noisy indie ROCK! Sort of like a bubblegum Joy Division.

Went to see El Vy at the Electric Ballroom. The album's not that great so wasn't expecting much but turned out to be a good night. Matt Berninger (The National) is always good value on stage.

Support was from The Penny Serfs, who I didn't know but were excellent. Properly noisy indie ROCK! Sort of like a bubblegum Joy Division.

seems to have been a year of noisy stuff. saw Twilight Sad last night, nothing new but they didn't tour last year's album. great as usual. they have some support slots for the Cure next year.

seems to have been a year of noisy stuff. saw Twilight Sad last night, nothing new but they didn't tour last year's album. great as usual. they have some support slots for the Cure next year.

Ooh, are the Cure playing? Do I want to see the Cure? Magnificent back in the day but might be taking nostalgia a bit too far.

Back