• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Jinks is right. James are the musical equivalent of oatmeal. Bland and boring.

The Rammstein In Amerika DVD is absolutely fucking brilliant. Awesome live show from Madison Square Garden. I heartily recommend it.

Cheers to Wombat for buying it for me!

It's magnificent isn't it? I hope you're fapping yourself silly to Behemoth BTW.

This has surely got to be the only forum in the world (aside from forums for the band themselves) where Underworld & James get so much love.

Both bang average bands, IMO.

James are worse than watching paint dry. That's music though - each to their own!

Underworld >>>> Foals x 1,000000000000000

It's magnificent isn't it? I hope you're fapping yourself silly to Behemoth BTW.

Behemoth really are somewhat extreme! Good stuff though.

On that DVD - as soon as the whistle starts for Engel it takes me right back to that gig at the NEC. Those wings, man, those flaming pyrotechnic wings!

That is fucking ace. Pussy is such a great song. And the dinghy during Haifisch! Flake is fookin bonkers. Till is just an arsonist who gets paid for it!

They're headlining Download next year I believe, so that may point towards a new album. That said, they are celebrating their 21st anniversary so that may be the reason - As part of that among other things (including a special 'book' featuring all the albums, lyrics and so on for a gnat's cock under £300 IIRC) you can get a hardback book featuring 13 songs as piano arrangements which I think would make an awesome and totally appropriate present for Mrs Wombat.

Oh, and if you like Pussy you'll probably love Till's solo effort, one song of which has the subject matter of golden showers...

I am planning on teaching Micro Links 2-3-4 next. Such a good riff to get him banging round the room. No way am I teaching him Feuer Frei without a MASSIVE increase in the house insurance though.

This has surely got to be the only forum in the world (aside from forums for the band themselves) where Underworld & James get so much love.

Both bang average bands, IMO.

James are worse than watching paint dry. That's music though - each to their own!
It's mainly just me though, isn't it :icon_lol:

James are ok. I wouldn't go to see them multiple times a year though.
Wait a minute...

There's an irony in that you've been to see the same football team how many times in a year (& longer) though? & whilst I'll take the point that it's against different opposition, & no 2 games are the same, similar applies to gigs. Indeed, why I've done exactly that with James, it is because they alternate set lists, so they don't play the same show every night. No 2 gigs are the same, and checking different venues can also be fun.

I wouldn't do it with most bands though, especially as most will do the same show each night. Interestingly, Underworld are another band who also vary their setlists a lot. (See jinks, here I go again...)

Jinks is right. James are the musical equivalent of oatmeal. Bland and boring.
Can't agree. Lyrically Tim Booth is magnificent. They're a very evolutionary band in some ways. But I suppose as Jinky says, it's the beauty of music that it creates such differing intensity of opinion

Heard the James interview on 6 music today and the new single.
Theyve gone a bit more "dancey" apparently.
Personally cant fucking stand them, very very overrated mor shite.
Sounds like Tim Booth has spent too much time in LA, i fully expected him to do an Half Man Half Biscuit and say "our new lp will be more music based"
and to be fair he wasnt far off saying that.

If you want to see a band live, then in my opinion Rush are in a class of their own. The Canadian threesome are absolutely superb. They have been together for 40 years and are still as good as ever.

I have a couple of those.

Disappointed that Cradle of Filth's classic "Jesus is a cunt" t-shirt didn't make the cut...

Following on from Mini Langers' comments about Led Zeppelin, I thought I'd have a listen to some of their albums. I only had Led Zeppelin I and a greatest hits compilation! Shocking stuff.

Luckily, dad has the lot on CD so my iTunes is now fully Zepp'd up. How on earth I have got through life without my own copy of their back catalogue is an absolute mystery. I still don't know which of their albums I like best - probably IV but regardless, what a back catalogue!

Following on from Mini Langers' comments about Led Zeppelin, I thought I'd have a listen to some of their albums. I only had Led Zeppelin I and a greatest hits compilation! Shocking stuff.

Luckily, dad has the lot on CD so my iTunes is now fully Zepp'd up. How on earth I have got through life without my own copy of their back catalogue is an absolute mystery. I still don't know which of their albums I like best - probably IV but regardless, what a back catalogue!

Presence!

The excellent Courtney Barnett for me tonight at the wulfrun.

I urge any music fan to have a listen.
Wonderful.

II with Physical Graffitti a close second

The excellent Courtney Barnett for me tonight at the wulfrun.

I urge any music fan to have a listen.
Wonderful.
There's a track of his on nimrods annual compilation.
Gotta get round to listening to that. Mind, I'm halfway through the Underworld STITI boxset (the remaster sounds really good, though I need to listen to it on headphones, and haven't got to the unreleased stuff yet) and have that huge Bill Hicks box to plough through too.

Probably go for nimrods cd when the Underworld box is done though.

Back