• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I have a couple of those.

Disappointed that Cradle of Filth's classic "Jesus is a cunt" t-shirt didn't make the cut...
Equally disappointed to see that they seem to be missing W.A.S.P's "I fuck like beast".

76eb5cf11bc644e04725fccdf3d07111.jpg

There's a track of his on nimrods annual compilation.
Gotta get round to listening to that. Mind, I'm halfway through the Underworld STITI boxset (the remaster sounds really good, though I need to listen to it on headphones, and haven't got to the unreleased stuff yet) and have that huge Bill Hicks box to plough through too.

Probably go for nimrods cd when the Underworld box is done though.

as stu points out, more Courtney love than Courtney pine! the first cd had 9/20 female vocalists compared to only 3/21 on the 2nd assuming I counted right. though I realised late I have tragically missed a sleater kinney track for cd2. My weak excuse being it was bought very early in the year. prob would have replaced the bjm track which is from late 2014. I also toyed with 'feel you' by Julia holter which is a gorgeous song imo. just another overplayed - would prob have replaced Courtney tbh.

got to name a best 3 for the year for a blog. be interested in any thoughts. currently the tropical trash, froth and then 1 from 7 others.

though I realised late I have tragically missed a sleater kinney track for cd2. My weak excuse being it was bought very early in the year.

How can you forget Sleater-Kinney!? Best album of the year for me. Out of interest, which track would you have picked?

I may have to send you a request for the compilation. I need to discover some new artists.

How can you forget Sleater-Kinney!? Best album of the year for me. Out of interest, which track would you have picked?

I may have to send you a request for the compilation. I need to discover some new artists.

prob price tag but heavy is a good track and I'd consider fangless and bury our friends for the riff. Most likely for the noisier cd though if the other cd something like hey darling would work. id give it another listen.

I'm away for another week but pm me an address. I've got to get some more blanks when I get back so no rush.

Slayer confirmed as the Sunday headliner for Bloodstock.

Physical Graffiti is absolutely fucking magnificent.

I always thought I'd heard it before, but I definitely haven't. I am extremely surprised that I've gone this long without listening to it.

The Song Remains The Same is the next album up after PG and that's even more magnificent.

Edit - Looks like it's Presence actually which apart from Achilles Last Stand, which is my 2nd fave song of theirs behind Stairway, is very average.

Both Presence and SRTS released in the same year! You don't see that sort of output nowadays.

I've only just discovered that Ben Kweller was in a film called Rudderless that was released last year. The film could be a huge pile of shit but I need to check it out. Ben Kweller is one of my all time favourite musicians.

I love the song Falling that he did.

Falling is a great track. The first time I saw him live he closed with that one.

We had his track 'Thirteen' played at our wedding.

Just tried to buy some Adele tickets for a present for my girlfriend, page wouldn't even load for the first few minutes due to demand then when it finally did the cheapest available tickets were ~£85, I'll pass thanks.

Back