• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Ooh, are the Cure playing? Do I want to see the Cure? Magnificent back in the day but might be taking nostalgia a bit too far.

i was never a big cure fan and have never seen them live despite being presumed a fan in my younger days and getting continually asked to go. that's what back combed hair does for you.

I saw the Cure at Electric Picnic in 2012, they played for 3 hours! Was decent, spent most of it chatting to some fellas near the sound-desk, occasionally recognising a song or two. Definitely one for the die hard fans. Particularly remember this song standing out, the sound was pristine for it.

Never liked the Cure personally.

nimrod, have listened to grr! Liked it, not a duff track.

I'll listen to Oh... before posting a review.

Anyone heard of the lost Beach Boys Christmas Song called "Alone On Christmas Day"?

Well, in Netflix's recently released A Very Murray Christmas with Bill Murray, Phoenix did a cover of it with Murray guesting and it's AMAZEBALLS!! It also featured Jason Schwarzman on drums in the actual episode.

Never liked the Cure personally.

nimrod, have listened to grr! Liked it, not a duff track.

I'll listen to Oh... before posting a review.

nice, glad you liked. great start eh, scarlette!

I do like the Cure a lot and the times I've seen them before they have been excellent. Can't be arsed to shell out to go the the hideous Wembley Arena though.

And agree with LJ - both CDs are excellent Nimrod. Spent a nice couple of hours with them whilst entering my vinyl into Discogs to see if I'm a millionaire (I'm not.)

Anyone heard of the lost Beach Boys Christmas Song called "Alone On Christmas Day"?

Well, in Netflix's recently released A Very Murray Christmas with Bill Murray, Phoenix did a cover of it with Murray guesting and it's AMAZEBALLS!! It also featured Jason Schwarzman on drums in the actual episode.

This is great. Love Phoenix and Jason Schwarzman is great as well.

Lawnmower Deth have released their cover of Kids In America as a Christmas single. If it gets to number one Kim Wilde has said she will appear with them at Download to perform it!

The chances of it making Christmas Number 1 are of course rather remote!

Lawnmower Deth have released their cover of Kids In America as a Christmas single. If it gets to number one Kim Wilde has said she will appear with them at Download to perform it!

The chances of it making Christmas Number 1 are of course rather remote!

I love Kim Wilde and the video of her pissed on the train and singing KiA makes me love her even more.

Can you imagine how fucked off Simon Cowell would be if the X-Factor winner was held off the number one spot by fucking LAWNMOWER DETH!!

Can you imagine how fucked off Simon Cowell would be if the X-Factor winner was held off the number one spot by fucking LAWNMOWER DETH!!

This kind of thing happens every year and the only successful one so far (IIRC) has been RATM.

This kind of thing happens every year and the only successful one so far (IIRC) has been RATM.

Indeed - that was quite funny! I pay absolutely no attention whatsoever to the charts these days so I don't give a rats ass what is Christmas number 1. Does it even have any kind of gravitas these days?

The best Christmas song in recent times was The Darkness' effort. Purely because they got the words 'ring peace' and 'bell end' juxtaposed in the same line. Lolz.

I do like the Cure a lot and the times I've seen them before they have been excellent. Can't be arsed to shell out to go the the hideous Wembley Arena though.

And agree with LJ - both CDs are excellent Nimrod. Spent a nice couple of hours with them whilst entering my vinyl into Discogs to see if I'm a millionaire (I'm not.)

so discogs most valuable?

more importantly, transitions/song positions on the cds - where did it go wrong? don't hold back, it always seems a bit rushed for me to get right esp end of the cds.

Got my Dad the new Show of Hands album - The Long Way Home.

So obviously, I've added it to my iTunes collection! It's really good - a strong follow up to the excellent Wake the Union. Worth a go if you enjoy a bit of folk music.

so discogs most valuable?

more importantly, transitions/song positions on the cds - where did it go wrong? don't hold back, it always seems a bit rushed for me to get right esp end of the cds.

Nothing mind-blowingly valuable sadly. Plenty in the £25 - £50 bracket. The SubPop, Blast First and SST stuff from the 80s and early 90s was surprisingly pricey and all the Beatles albums from my mother-in-law aren't too bad.
I can't understand why my extensive All About Eve and Voice of the Beehive collections aren't more sought after!

As for you CD - I'm afraid the kids and dog and wife and general life prevent me from paying that much attention. But I certainly remember thinking "ooh, like this one, wonder who it is" quite a lot. :)

no prob. was just worth checking if anything was worth changing before next batch get done. will be the same now.

I can never think what to check on discogs and the like. I saw spacemen 3 - walkin with jesus 12" (max £57, median £29) best so far. I checked a few more months back but can't remember what they were.

no prob. was just worth checking if anything was worth changing before next batch get done. will be the same now.

I can never think what to check on discogs and the like. I saw spacemen 3 - walkin with jesus 12" (max £57, median £29) best so far. I checked a few more months back but can't remember what they were.

I just catalogued everything I had in my collection on there. Interesting to see what's worthless and what people will pay money for. Ride stuff goes well, as does anything on 4AD. Elvis not so much.

In other music news, I'm enjoying Lanterns on the Lake.

Can't think of anything to ask for this Christmas from my Mrs - so I'm probably going to plump for a Spotify premium subscription and she can pay for the first year. To those who have Spotify premium - is it worth it? I currently have the free app which plays shuffle play and adverts.

Yes, it's worth it. If I were in a position where I had to cut back on luxuries it'd be one of the last things I'd get rid of.

Back