• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Got the reissue of Revocation's debut Empire of the Obscene the other day. Absolutely stunning and my favourite debut album I think, especially as it was recorded as a three-piece. Immense.

Watched Imagine Dragons in the old NIA on Friday night. The Mrs is a fan so I only knew about 5-6 songs but I was pleasantly surprised - they put on a decent show. Next gig for me is in February back in the same building for Foals and Everything Everything, so I'm going to have a look around to see what I can get tickets for in the next month or two.

I stuck this on Facebook as well - but it turns out that Mini Langers likes Led Zeppelin. Played him a few songs, but he told me to skip Stairway 'because it's too gentle - put something heavier on!'

He wanted to hear the music by the man who sat near us in the Steve Bull Stand. I'm assuming he meant Mr Plant and not TSB?

He'll grow to love Stairway as he gets older.

I saw Marilyn Manson at the Civic on Saturday. It was my first gig in ages, in fact I think it was my first gig since my daughter was born. Really enjoyed it though, he still puts on a good show.

I went all folk on Saturday and went to see Bellowhead. One of my favourite live bands. I don't think there's anything else like them out there. It's the farewell tour though so there won't be anything at all soon. Playing in Wolverhampton on Wednesday - you should all go.

Why? Price?

Pretty much. Had a rush of blood and bought a ticket as soon as they went on sale, €80, and then realised only one of my mates is going and the last Stone Roses gig in 2012 was pretty average. I might sell the ticket tbh

OMG!
New Underworld album out next year:
http://underworld.tmstor.es/
Same day as the new james album. Good job I can now afford to purchase stuff!
Mini tour too - I'm unlikely to see them in London, so glad I saw the dubnobass... tour. That said, I'd love to see a full live show so really hope they announce a full(ish) UK tour.
Karl Hyde apparently about to announce a book.

& the first James single was played on 6 music today, so I need to hunt it down & listen.

The Rammstein In Amerika DVD is absolutely fucking brilliant. Awesome live show from Madison Square Garden. I heartily recommend it.

Cheers to Wombat for buying it for me!

This has surely got to be the only forum in the world (aside from forums for the band themselves) where Underworld & James get so much love.

Both bang average bands, IMO.

James are worse than watching paint dry. That's music though - each to their own!

This has surely got to be the only forum in the world (aside from forums for the band themselves) where Underworld & James get so much love.

Both bang average bands, IMO.

James are worse than watching paint dry. That's music though - each to their own!

James are fucking ace. Not a massive fan of Underworld but it's more the genre of music rather than anything else. But James - top band.

James are ok. I wouldn't go to see them multiple times a year though.

I've never seen them live unfortunately. I'd like to.

As for Underworld - they've got a MASSIVE following. Like I said, not my cup of tea but I remember being on a Glastonbury forum years ago and the Underworld love in was ridiculous.

Back