• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I have literally not heard of ANY of those bands...I don't even know if the names on the left are the songs or band! God I'm getting old (as a guess, right is the band)

I have literally not heard of ANY of those bands...I don't even know if the names on the left are the songs or band! God I'm getting old
I'm with you on this Inc the getting old bit.

I have literally not heard of ANY of those bands...I don't even know if the names on the left are the songs or band! God I'm getting old (as a guess, right is the band)

it prob doesn't help but i think i've posted most of the tracks or at least the band on the thread at some point in the year. i didn't mean to get this much stuff tbh, just had a bit more time on my hands than usual.

I'm with you on this Inc the getting old bit.
:icon_lol:

first cut: cd1 - undoubtedly the 'nicer' one

turn it off - froth
graduates - speedy ortiz
neighbour v1 - walter tv
moaning lisa smile - wolf alice
murasaki - cheatahs
woken by numbers - ultimate painting
umi - pinkshinyultrablast
time to go home - chastity belt
sucker - big moon
pop song for euthanasia - shilpa ray
plastic raincoats in the pig parade - ariel pink
pedestrian at best - courtney barnett
need you - royal headache
let it happen - tame impala
honestly do your worst - joanna gruesome
comb the feelings through your hair - grooms
cocaine cat - tess parks & anton newcombe
california owls - death & vanilla
broken sun - wand
an artificial spring - girls names
aeons - telegram

may change of course. i keep hearing that courtney barnett song and it's a bit much now. cd2 draft list to follow.

draft cd 2 - :D

shoulders of summerstones - prurient
reconstruction - brian jonestown massacre
cone - damaged bug
acetate - metz
animal - moon duo
beautiful blue sky - ought
cosmos seeker - sauna youth
why does it shake? (or cowards starve)- protomartyr
the sky of all places - spectres
flight risk - kinski
pronoia - strange wilds
withered hand - thee oh sees
into the void - titus andronicus
leisure exposure - tropical trash
continental shelf - viet cong
reaper invert - wand
pollinate - fuzz
impressionist - autobahn
december - unwound

I can tell your favourite is disc 2 already...
Quite a number of bands I've heard of, but not heard anything by. Didn't I say that last year?

:icon_lol:

I can tell your favourite is disc 2 already...
Quite a number of bands I've heard of, but not heard anything by. Didn't I say that last year?

as one of my mates didn't want any noisy tracks (within reason) i said i'd do a quieter one. as an issue of balance, in reality i'd probably prefer a combination of the two. so i wouldn't say i favour the second and in fact they will probably both suffer as a consequence. the first one will probably be easier to listen to if you are of a more delicate disposition.

first cut: cd1 - undoubtedly the 'nicer' one

turn it off - froth
graduates - speedy ortiz
neighbour v1 - walter tv
moaning lisa smile - wolf alice
murasaki - cheatahs
woken by numbers - ultimate painting
umi - pinkshinyultrablast
time to go home - chastity belt
sucker - big moon
pop song for euthanasia - shilpa ray
plastic raincoats in the pig parade - ariel pink
pedestrian at best - courtney barnett
need you - royal headache
let it happen - tame impala
honestly do your worst - joanna gruesome
comb the feelings through your hair - grooms
cocaine cat - tess parks & anton newcombe
california owls - death & vanilla
broken sun - wand
an artificial spring - girls names
aeons - telegram

may change of course. i keep hearing that courtney barnett song and it's a bit much now. cd2 draft list to follow.

Surprised at the Courtney Barnett inclusion. Good song 'n' all but I've heard it on the radio so didn't expect to see it on your disc!

Off to see The Unthanks in a church tonight. I do like a bit of Geordie-folk-clog-dancing-in-a-pretty-frock. I imagine the band will wear something nice too.

Surprised at the Courtney Barnett inclusion. Good song 'n' all but I've heard it on the radio so didn't expect to see it on your disc!

i know. it's a good track but overplayed now. my basis is not everyone i'm doing this for will know it. have a good unloved track i've just bought so may have to kick something - gruesome to disc 2 and dump prurient as not sure the 'clientele' will appreciate it - maybe LJ aside. any interest, let me know pms, address reminders.

I assume you still have my details matey. Well, my parents, but safer to go there anyway.
I do look forward to hearing new things.

Lucero are touring the UK next February. Big fan of them and Ben Nichols.

I assume you still have my details matey. Well, my parents, but safer to go there anyway.
I do look forward to hearing new things.

I should still have it. let you know if not. at present have kicked prurient and one of the wand tracks for unloved, death of pop and victories at sea tracks. the last is in the style of the mirrors track from a few years back. have a couple weeks away from nov 21st so will see if i can get done before then.

Adele's new song 'Hello' is actually pretty damn good! I'm not a 'soppy song' person but the chorus is amazingly well sung, I'm hooked

Adele's new song 'Hello' is actually pretty damn good! I'm not a 'soppy song' person but the chorus is amazingly well sung, I'm hooked

1096.gif

I have been listening to my 67-70 Fleetwood Mac collection. Stunningly brilliant 40 odd years on.

Back