• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

unwound - empire arrived today. i've played one of the albums to death since it was released back in 2000 and couldn't miss out on a vinyl of it. also gonna enjoy listening to the other reissue in the release, described in the review linked as "an incredible slog that only occasionally opens up to melody the way it successor did", and "nearly every song on ‘Challenge’ attempts to take the prize for Unwound’s bleakest moment: on a record filled with loneliness, disappearance and despair". just the way i like it and who cares what anyone else thinks :)

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/154584-unwound-empire-

Machine Head have announced their next tour, billed as An Evening with Machine Head, they will be playing without a support act in order to showcase more of their back catalogue.

Dates:

Mar 02: Norwich Open, UK
Mar 03: Nottingham Rock City, UK
Mar 05: Belfast Limelight, UK
Mar 06: Dublin Olympia, Ireland
Mar 08: Manchester Academy, UK
Mar 10: Cardiff Great Hall, UK
Mar 11: London Hammersmith Apollo, UK
Mar 12: Glasgow O2 Academy, UK

Sorely tempted.

Meanwhile, Iron Maiden's Live After Death album was released today in 1985...

Aye. Been a good few years since I saw them last but a set which could be around the three hour mark (maybe longer)...

NWW, your pm box is full.
It's on the way mate. Posted this morning.
Let me know it gets there safe, & would be interested to know whether you like it.

11/12 and I fucked up fucking Bon Jovi for shame.

If I can find the cash I am fucking all over that Machine Head tour. Great GREAT band

Don't see any slating. Mr. Sensitive.

Having seen both Foals and Shed Seven live myself, I found your choice of the word "boring" to describe Foals really odd. Each to their own though.

I saw Foals years ago and I wasn't that impressed. Had a listen to their new album, it's good. Still found them boring as a live act. Hope you enjoy your night.

NWW, your pm box is full.
It's on the way mate. Posted this morning.
Let me know it gets there safe, & would be interested to know whether you like it.

Hi mate
Just realised and its arrived, thank you so much. I've had a strange few days so yours will be on its way accordingly mate.

Went to see The Twilight Sad last night in Glasgow (they were supporting the Editors). Pretty good.

Went to see The Twilight Sad last night in Glasgow (they were supporting the Editors). Pretty good.

great place to see them too.

they're about 100 times better than the editors imo

great place to see them too.

they're about 100 times better than the editors imo

First time I've been to a gig specifically for the support act. Twilight might be my favourite band atm.

Editors were just as average as I expected them to be.

Back