• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Do you listen to Tool Paddy?

The drum sound on Aenima is one of the most pristine sounding productions of drums in any genre, and Danny Carey's playing is unbelievable from not just a drumming aspect but a musical aspect too. He uses polyrhythms and different cymbals and electronic drum pads for effects, and he colours the music so well. Good example here -

it's weird that i bought opiate when it came out and loved it - i mean hush is just immense, and then got nothing after that though i know a few of the tracks. top band anyhow.

Can't say I know them very well at all other than knowing the name. Will have to check them out.

Tool are glorious. Probably the best live band I've seen.

The more I listen to Repentless the more I fucking love it. Best Slayer since God Hates Us All. Told you it was a grower for me!

Foals have announced an arena tour for February next year with support from Everything Everything. Two top bands on the same bill so I will almost certainly be getting tickets for the Birmingham date (which is a Friday night).

Yeah I saw. But I can't afford it sadly. :( Same with John Bramwell who's playing in Brum at the end of this month.

I see massive attach are touring again. Support is from young fathers.
Downside is the birmingham date is the academy, which is likely to put me off.

I see massive attach are touring again. Support is from young fathers.
Downside is the birmingham date is the academy, which is likely to put me off.

My wife got us tickets for the Brixton date yesterday. Why the fuck do they charge £2.50 for you to print your ticket at home?

Yeah I saw. But I can't afford it sadly. :( Same with John Bramwell who's playing in Brum at the end of this month.

Sorry to hear that mate. Likewise, I'm on a complete gigs sabbatical until my circumstances improve!

My wife got us tickets for the Brixton date yesterday. Why the fuck do they charge £2.50 for you to print your ticket at home?

I object to that - indeed have posted on the annoy & other threads about the fees various agencies charge. If they impose such a charge, I'd not go with print at home and make them do it.

I'm one of those who collects/saves their gig tickets, so I don't want e-tickets anyway. I want a proper ticket - so they have to provide me with one.

I'd forgotten all about that song! Back in the days when there were only 3 music channels (MTV, VH1 & The Box) that used to be on The Box all the time.

Myself and the other half got tickets for Foals & Everything Everything at Birmingham Barclaycard Arena in Feb next year.

Our next two gigs are The Fratellis in Oxford (my choice) and Imagine Dragons in Birmingham (the ladies choice) in the next couple of months.

I'd forgotten all about that song! Back in the days when there were only 3 music channels (MTV, VH1 & The Box) that used to be on The Box all the time.
Might edit my post to one for paddy & t-dan!
Can anyone tell I've spent the morning cleaning up my email inbox? :)

Myself and the other half got tickets for Foals & Everything Everything at Birmingham Barclaycard Arena in Feb next year.

Our next two gigs are The Fratellis in Oxford (my choice) and Imagine Dragons in Birmingham (the ladies choice) in the next couple of months.

I can't take to the Foals and thought them boring when I saw them live. Hope you have a blast.
I've got Norman Jay tonight, Courtney Barnett in November, Shed Seven and Inspiral Carpets in December and Massive Attack in Jan.
After Moseley in September that's quite a run, one I intend to continue.

I can't take to the Foals and thought them boring when I saw them live. Hope you have a blast.
I've got Norman Jay tonight, Courtney Barnett in November, Shed Seven and Inspiral Carpets in December and Massive Attack in Jan.
After Moseley in September that's quite a run, one I intend to continue.

Dunno how anyone could find Foals "boring" - literally the last word I would describe them as, even if you don't like the music. Especially when you follow that comment up with some of the artists YOU have tickets for! :icon_lol:

Courtney Barnett is decent though.

Shed seven and inspirals are legends??
Norman Jay is a legend.
Massive attack are Gods!!!

I found them boring, it's a little bit playground to then slate my tastes!!

Don't see any slating. Mr. Sensitive.

Having seen both Foals and Shed Seven live myself, I found your choice of the word "boring" to describe Foals really odd. Each to their own though.

Back