• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Been listening to the new Ought lp for a few months now...its ok but some of the tracks are a bit meh..

Yeah Wand are banging records out...thats 2 in 18months now.
heard them in session last week and they said about writing whilsting touring if i heard right....prolific.
Problems ive had with some Friday/Sat gigs over brum in recent times is the band coming on 2 late so i either drink,
then have to leave early for bus or train and miss part the band (cant afford taxi and drink) or just drive over and buzz out on cola.
Need matinee shows for old codgers i reckon.

there are some prolific writers out there. ty segall and thee oh sees as well. ty segall has a new fuzz album out imminently.

I feel your pain on the gig front.

how did you get the ought lp so early. hope rough trade aren't messing me around.

there are some prolific writers out there. ty segall and thee oh sees as well. ty segall has a new fuzz album out imminently.

I feel your pain on the gig front.

how did you get the ought lp so early. hope rough trade aren't messing me around.

new Ought lp has been shared online for the last 2 months (slsk) but this hasnt happened for the Protomartyr lp yet.

Quite enjoying the new Pavement Hooton Tennis Club lp.
At first i was a bit hmmm, but now its really grown on me..(playin brum in a few months)

Let's face it, New Order's output has been shite for years now, but this new single is pretty banging!

new Ought lp has been shared online for the last 2 months (slsk) but this hasnt happened for the Protomartyr lp yet.

Quite enjoying the new Pavement Hooton Tennis Club lp.
At first i was a bit hmmm, but now its really grown on me..(playin brum in a few months)

Yeah, Hooton are very pavement. I've only heard a few tracks once so can't comment on whether I like them yet!

I quite like Duran Duran's new song.

That is all.

I quite like Duran Duran's new song.

That is all.
Steve Jones is on the lp apparently,Le Bon and him go back longtime.
My how times change.
And talking of such,there was a radio documentary on R4 last week
about how dangerous it used to be to go to gigs when musical
cults existed...half decent listen.

Guessing they'll be a fair few gigs announced soon once the festival season draws to an end and the students start to return.

Clint Mansell has announced a small tour.
I wish I had the money for tickets. Indeed, I might just fuck it and get one anyway.

Guessing they'll be a fair few gigs announced soon once the festival season draws to an end and the students start to return.

Really? I see an awful lot of old folks at the gigs i go to.

Jeez, ive never been a student but damn i remember some of the gigs at Wolves Poly and certain other campusessses...what happened?
A young lad told me it was all tribute bands and shit reality stuff booked at the uni's now.

On a side note, trying to get a floppy haired,depressed J&mc looking student to sign you in to a gig was an ordeal in itself.

"excuse me excuse me"
"ill buy ya a can of red stripe/breaker if you sign me in"

Clint Mansell has announced a small tour.
I wish I had the money for tickets. Indeed, I might just $#@! it and get one anyway.

I thought it would be dearer than announced to be honest.
I bet it will be good.

A new series of "Later...with Jools Holland" started last night featuring Foals, Squeeze, My Morning Jacket, Rickie Lee Jones, Disclosure and Kwabs. Nothing really impressed me. Quite a few people I know love Foals but they don't do anything for me.

Last edited:
Back