• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

First time I've been to a gig specifically for the support act. Twilight might be my favourite band atm.

Editors were just as average as I expected them to be.

i saw the sad support mogwai who i like, but main thing was them. only thing is that the support often can't do a full set of course. also saw Metz support mudhoney a couple years back. i had zero interest in mudhoney.

i only heard one editors album. the music was ok, good in places, but they had little lyrical content so their songs had no meaning. whereas you'll know with the sad it's traumatic every second of the way.

i saw the sad support mogwai who i like, but main thing was them. only thing is that the support often can't do a full set of course. also saw Metz support mudhoney a couple years back. i had zero interest in mudhoney.

i only heard one editors album. the music was ok, good in places, but they had little lyrical content so their songs had no meaning. whereas you'll know with the sad it's traumatic every second of the way.

you're dead to me

How great it is to hear Giles Peterson in the morning on 6 music.
I dont even really like all the music hes playing but its like a mix and theres very little chatter or inane twitter bollocks.
Also barely any playlist fodder bullshit that the station says gives them an "identity" yeah £££ yeah £££ yeah £££

Also no fucking voiceover queen Lauren Laverne....great

Sadly Mary Anne Fucking Hobbs is on next week so its back to being an utter pile of cat sick.

you're dead to me

lol. i think mudhoney may have been relevant once, but it wasn't when i saw Metz support them. put it this way, i was a massive pixies fan at the end of the 1980's, but i had little interest in seeing them when they reformed.

btw i have the superfuzz album from '88 prob in good nick if you want to make an offer. (of course, i would never sell it).

lol. i think mudhoney may have been relevant once, but it wasn't when i saw Metz support them. put it this way, i was a massive pixies fan at the end of the 1980's, but i had little interest in seeing them when they reformed.

btw i have the superfuzz album from '88 prob in good nick if you want to make an offer. (of course, i would never sell it).

Hehe. Yeah, I know they're not relevant, and the last couple of times I've seen them they've just been going through the motions. Doesn't stop me having a massive nostalgic soft spot for them though. (Likewise the Pixies.)
I've already got various Superfuzzes, including the original vinyl which I bought on the strength of the Charles Peterson picture on the cover -I do love it when doing that works out!

Hehe. Yeah, I know they're not relevant, and the last couple of times I've seen them they've just been going through the motions. Doesn't stop me having a massive nostalgic soft spot for them though. (Likewise the Pixies.)
I've already got various Superfuzzes, including the original vinyl which I bought on the strength of the Charles Peterson picture on the cover -I do love it when doing that works out!

those were the days.

this is still one of my favourite album covers. genius

Attachments

• Stitched.jpg
    Stitched.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 13

you're dead to me

He's half dead to me too (til he posts the tracklisting of the cd of the year...:) )

Heard the new Einaudi cd today. Need to listen again, not as immediate as Time lapse was.
A mate played me the new Chvrches album, and I really liked it. A lot bigger in some ways that the first album. Leave a Trace is immense!

Langers, did you ever have a listen?
wolfiephil, have you treated yourself to it? If not, you'll love it!

New ZOMBI lp....back to their best for me.
Love putting it on in the car and driving round like I'm in
some shit 80's scifi movie.

He's half dead to me too (til he posts the tracklisting of the cd of the year...:) )

Heard the new Einaudi cd today. Need to listen again, not as immediate as Time lapse was.
A mate played me the new Chvrches album, and I really liked it. A lot bigger in some ways that the first album. Leave a Trace is immense!

Langers, did you ever have a listen?
wolfiephil, have you treated yourself to it? If not, you'll love it!

i am close to a couple cds worth already. with that many tracks it's possible the standard may vary a bit for any listener other than me - c'est la vie. i've got to do a 'relatively' non noisy for a mate which means the other may be a bit loaded. just need to decide if i'm buying anything else this year. only waiting for fuzz at present. i've not bought the kurt vile, beach house or deerhunter albums this year (yet). after hearing some tracks they sounded just like previous years' to me. doesn't mean they aren't good, but as i already have multiple albums by them all....

A glowing review of Sleaford Mods on Jools Holland the other night:

'I could not believe my eyes when this shite appeared on my screen on Friday night. The lyrics are dire. The vocals shambolic. There are no instruments played. Just one gormless twat standing on the spot occasionally sipping his lager and the other who appeared to have an itch on the back of his head he just couldn't quite scratch. No more time should be gifted to these talentless morons.

A glowing review of Sleaford Mods on Jools Holland the other night:

'I could not believe my eyes when this shite appeared on my screen on Friday night. The lyrics are dire. The vocals shambolic. There are no instruments played. Just one gormless twat standing on the spot occasionally sipping his lager and the other who appeared to have an itch on the back of his head he just couldn't quite scratch. No more time should be gifted to these talentless morons.

I did have a little chuckle watching these guys on Jools. How on earth do people like this get to the point where they appear on national TV? Just looked like two drunk blokes down the local pub, to me :icon_lol:

Download 2016 headliners have been announced.

Friday: Rammstein
Saturday: Black Sabbath[SUP]1[/SUP]
Sunday: Iron Maiden[SUP]2[/SUP]

1 Last ever appearance at Donington due to final tour, blah, blah, blah. Surely they will be better than the last time they were there?
2 Part of the Book of Souls tour.

I did have a little chuckle watching these guys on Jools. How on earth do people like this get to the point where they appear on national TV? Just looked like two drunk blokes down the local pub, to me :icon_lol:

Yeah, couldnt stop laughing at the guy stood there with a can of Red Stripe. FFS, they must be taking the absolute piss!

A mate sent me a review from some site about the performance.

'the band were as defined and perfect as ever. It looks even better seeing Andrew stand there, pint in hand after pressing ‘go’ on the laptop' - FUUUUUUCKKKK OFF

Yeah, couldnt stop laughing at the guy stood there with a can of Red Stripe. FFS, they must be drinking absolute piss!

'the band were as defined and perfect as ever. It looks even better seeing Andrew stand there, pint in hand after pressing ‘go’ on the laptop' - FUUUUUUCKKKK OFF

FIFY

Yeah, couldnt stop laughing at the guy stood there with a can of Red Stripe. FFS, they must be taking the absolute piss!

:icon_lol:

Because that's what I look for in a band! Their performance made me laugh a lot and it was perfectly rounded off by their awkward handshake at the end. Red Stripe fella going for a handshake with the wrong hand and then awkwardly patting his mate on the back.

No idea how they've made it as far as they have but fair play.

i seem to get continual tweets and messages these days about some musical anniversary or another. well we're 3 months off 2016. the football is disappointing, but it was far far worse 30 years ago. fortunately, 1986 was a great great year musically. its a shame the burgeoning indie scene at the time ultimately got jumped on by the industry to create the 1990s scene known as 'britpop' or to more discerning ears 'shitpop'. in hindsight, 1986 seemed a far more varied and honest landscape.

so classic track from a classic 1986 album. of course you'd only have heard it then if you'd actually gone out and bought the album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZSAqDhL-Wk

first cut: cd1 - undoubtedly the 'nicer' one

turn it off - froth
graduates - speedy ortiz
neighbour v1 - walter tv
moaning lisa smile - wolf alice
murasaki - cheatahs
woken by numbers - ultimate painting
umi - pinkshinyultrablast
time to go home - chastity belt
sucker - big moon
pop song for euthanasia - shilpa ray
plastic raincoats in the pig parade - ariel pink
pedestrian at best - courtney barnett
need you - royal headache
let it happen - tame impala
honestly do your worst - joanna gruesome
comb the feelings through your hair - grooms
cocaine cat - tess parks & anton newcombe
california owls - death & vanilla
broken sun - wand
an artificial spring - girls names
aeons - telegram

may change of course. i keep hearing that courtney barnett song and it's a bit much now. cd2 draft list to follow.

draft cd 2 - :D

shoulders of summerstones - prurient
reconstruction - brian jonestown massacre
cone - damaged bug
acetate - metz
animal - moon duo
beautiful blue sky - ought
cosmos seeker - sauna youth
why does it shake? (or cowards starve)- protomartyr
the sky of all places - spectres
flight risk - kinski
pronoia - strange wilds