• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Just listened to the first couple of tracks off the new Megadeth album that arrived this morning. Fucking BANGING. Love it. Quite the return to form if the rest of it matches the standard of the opening salvoes.

I too am very tempted. Alas at £58 plus fees (starting prices) a ticket I suspect I'll not be able to afford that one.

Just been told De La Soul are the first headliner booked for Mostly Jazz this year. Sounds like I'll be returning.

Yep I'll be there too.

Buddy Guy playing one night at the Hammersmith Apollo in London in July. Might have to beg, steal and borrow to get a ticket.
Realised its the weekend after Glastonbury. So won't really be feasible as I need a week to recover these days.

I have only heard of Mogwai on that list, and I don't think I could name a track of theirs or recognise if I was listening to them.

What the fuck is "post-rock"?

I have only heard of Mogwai on that list, and I don't think I could name a track of theirs or recognise if I was listening to them.

What the fuck is "post-rock"?
Like most labels, it's pretty meaningless and rejected by most bands it gets applied to.
Mogwai are ace though. They've another soundtrack coming out (for atomic) that is way different & is supposed to be more electronic.

Cheers, I enjoyed that. Only knew of Mogwai, Tortoise and Disco Inferno before.

tortoise have a new album out though i'm possibly past listening to this music these days.

I'm a big DI fan though wouldn't have categorised them with this sort of stuff. also have albums by do make say think and this will destroy you off the list.

I think explosions in the sky may have another album coming out as well.

Got tickets to see Milburn in Sheffield yesterday for their 10 year anniversary gig, can't fucking wait for that one

Got tickets to see Milburn in Sheffield yesterday for their 10 year anniversary gig, can't fucking wait for that one
If they were on yesterday how you going to see them? Only kidding. Didn't realise there was a priotiry pre-sale for the gigs.

If they were on yesterday how you going to see them? Only kidding. Didn't realise there was a priotiry pre-sale for the gigs.
O2 priority had a small presale although I don't think there were many tickets available. I'm going both nights though I think! Can't wait.

See, I really want to get some of their stuff but my ringpiece starts twitching at the thought of entering such a term into Google for fear of GCHQ popping by for a chat and a cup of tea.
I really like Oceanic (their 2002 album), buy many prefer their 2004 offering, Panopticon.

Try searching for those.

Saw Massive Attack last night. All very atmospheric and moody, disappointed for the crowd that the likes of Unfinished Sympathy and Hymn of the Big Wheel weren't played.
There's one off their new album that Horace Andy songs on, I'll be looking out for the with interest. An impressive song.

Despise the venue. 500 too many people in there.

Back