• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

DDW/any irish wolves,
what's the forbidden fruit festival like?

Just seen this. Its usually quite meh, its in the grounds of a museum so not a large space, one main stage, 2 medium sized tents. Line up is usually meh, but they've just announced Underworld/Tame Impala for it this year so I will be going. €99 for the whole weekend, which is very reasonable, but as it's right in the city, theres no campaign so everyone gets booted out at 11pm as its a residential area. Not ideal.
It's sponsored by Bulmers so the drinks on offer are pretty bad.

You thinking of coming over for it? I have a spare room you can crash in if so.

Thanks for the offer DDW!
I'm undecided at the mo, though assuming Tame Impala/Underworld are headliners, am interested.
I'll keep you in mind sir!

Thanks for the offer DDW!
I'm undecided at the mo, though assuming Tame Impala/Underworld are headliners, am interested.
I'll keep you in mind sir!

Just checked flights, very do-able

2ZJpgdh.png

just recorded my old vinyl of bandwagonesque. it's got so many clicks in i may as well just buy the cd. a real ballache trying to get rid.

this is still such a great song though. so much like Big Star and in a good way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqYibZeafg8

just recorded my old vinyl of bandwagonesque. it's got so many clicks in i may as well just buy the cd. a real ballache trying to get rid.

this is still such a great song though. so much like Big Star and in a good way.

Great, fantastic lp..always loved seeing them back in the day along with Captain America, The Vaselines etc..
Also Nimrod....Soulseek is your friend my friend..been using it for 13 years.

Anyway, in batshit news story of the day.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...ebt-mark-zuckerberg-larry-page-martin-shkreli

Off to watch Foals & Everything Everything in Birmingham on Friday night which I'm very much looking forward to.

Also, the first few acts for Truck Festival (Oxfordshire festival thats right on my doorstep so I go every year) are pretty exciting. Everything Everything, Manic Street Preachers, Circa Waves and Catfish & the Bottlemen (who's new song is quality, by the way). That's a better announcement than some of the big festivals IMO.

Off to watch Foals & Everything Everything in Birmingham on Friday night which I'm very much looking forward to.

Also, the first few acts for Truck Festival (Oxfordshire festival thats right on my doorstep so I go every year) are pretty exciting. Everything Everything, Manic Street Preachers, Circa Waves and Catfish & the Bottlemen (who's new song is quality, by the way). That's a better announcement than some of the big festivals IMO.

I've been to Truck - nice festival.

Great, fantastic lp..always loved seeing them back in the day along with Captain America, The Vaselines etc..
Also Nimrod....Soulseek is your friend my friend..been using it for 13 years.

Anyway, in bat$#@! news story of the day.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/20...ebt-mark-zuckerberg-larry-page-martin-shkreli

Ta. I don't tend to use sharing sites tbh, despite the ridiculous amounts I spend on music. I don't use Spotify for same reasons. I know I have the record so it wouldn't be taking the piss. Though it would make my life a lot easier!

Ta. I don't tend to use sharing sites tbh, despite the ridiculous amounts I spend on music. I don't use Spotify for same reasons. I know I have the record so it wouldn't be taking the piss. Though it would make my life a lot easier!

Oh I buy loads too so have no inner guilt whatsoever with using slsk.
Regardless,if there are things you really want PM me and I
can upload them with a direct link for you its no bother at all.
By the way,I've mainly used slsk for getting old demos,peel sessions,
££rare££ punk,psych,garage records I'd never be able to afford or find and the like.

Oh I buy loads too so have no inner guilt whatsoever with using slsk.
Regardless,if there are things you really want PM me and I
can upload them with a direct link for you its no bother at all.
By the way,I've mainly used slsk for getting old demos,peel sessions,
££rare££ punk,psych,garage records I'd never be able to afford or find and the like.

dunno if you can still upload but this blog did some great old stuff esp from peel.
more of the unusual ron johnson type bands. it think he had a hiatus a few years back but there seem to be 2014 posts now.
http://cliffrichardsneck.blogspot.co.uk/

Also found out that Peace are supporting on Friday. Seen them a couple of times before but they are Birmingham boys and with this being in Birmingham, that should add to what already looked like a quality gig.

The new Richard Ashcroft song is really good, comes out in April

V Festival Line Up this year.

v-festival.jpg

Just..... wow. That is simply horrendous.

Wow. An abortion of a festival.

The Radio One Roadshow rebranded as a festival

Back