• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Haven't they pigeon-holed themselves to a certain type of video now, just like Tool have?

It's working for them though as they get an inordinate amount of coverage and popularity in relation to how fucking shit their music is.

The rest of that top ten isn't bad at all, but the number one is a dreadful choice.

I thought that when they went through the top 10 earlier on the radio. I'd rather have Denis by Blondie than the sodding Pet Shop Boys.

I voted for Hendrix btw.

Oh and I think Hurt is shit. Dreary, boring song.

Oh and I think Hurt is shit. Dreary, boring song.

Get out of here!!

It's a stunningly powerful cover version. It's on probably my favourite Cash album as well - American IV - When The Man Comes Around. Love it.

What the $#@!ing hell is this all about?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29791820

What a $#@! choice for number one. Hurt and Watchtower are a completely different level to the $#@!ting Pet Shop Boys.

"The public voted" - enough said. why even worry about such a pointless list.

king midas in reverse - DCL locomotive never had a chance.

got the new foxygen yet? i'm thinking of ordering it today.

got the new foxygen yet? i'm thinking of ordering it today.

Yeah, got it last week but dunno what to make of it on the first hearing. A couple of lovely tracks but it is wholly different to their last effort. A lot of frankly bizarre intro tracks meant that it wasn't something I was expecting to hear at all!! Not all particularly easy on the ears but I never make my mind up on a single playthrough.

Yeah, got it last week but dunno what to make of it on the first hearing. A couple of lovely tracks but it is wholly different to their last effort. A lot of frankly bizarre intro tracks meant that it wasn't something I was expecting to hear at all!! Not all particularly easy on the ears but I never make my mind up on a single playthrough.

not being easy on the ears doesn't trouble me, though overall this is not as good as some of the reviews I've read. may take a punt anyway, i'll see how the day fares.

not being easy on the ears doesn't trouble me, though overall this is not as good as some of the reviews I've read. may take a punt anyway, i'll see how the day fares.

Oh absolutely - I'll definitely give it another play, but I was just expecting another We Are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace & Magic but it isn't anything like it.

Pre-ordered the new Public Service Broadcasting album today on vinyl. They're doing a limited edition transparent vinyl for independent record shops.

giphy.gif

I know music is all down to personal preference, but I can't understand how anyone can dislike Johnny Cash's version of Hurt. I could only rate All Along The Watchtower higher than that in terms of my favourite covers. I think it's utterly sublime - not very often does a song resonate as strongly as that one.

I love Nine Inch Nails 'Downward Spiral' so will always prefer the original. Having said that, I wouldn't say I disliked Johnny Cash's version. Very rarely do I prefer a cover to an original, not sure why. Gun's 'Word Up' and Metallica's 'Whiskey In the Jar' are two that spring to mind immediately (although, Thin Lizzy's version is also a cover so I've never heard the original so to speak).

By the way WTF is Leona Lewis doing at 19??? A dull cover of a dull song.

Word Up also popped up on my shuffle this morning.

They've announced a show at the slade rooms. Toying with going. Remember a great show on their swagger tour at the wulfrun years ago.

I love No Doubt's cover of It's My Life. Better than the original IMO.

There have been some good covers done in the Live Lounge on Radio 1, sometimes it's interesting to see just how drastically different the same song can be when it comes through a different artist but then there have been a few absolute shockers mixed in too, like this effort from last week...

Back