• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Oh thank you mister postman - today he delivered the 2 disc Beast Over Hammersmith.

Listening to it, and I think it could actually be better than Live After Death. What a Maiden gig.

Oh thank you mister postman - today he delivered the 2 disc Beast Over Hammersmith.

Listening to it, and I think it could actually be better than Live After Death. What a Maiden gig.
Easily, IMHO. I always thought Bruce sounded very tired on Live After Death. He may over extend himself at times on Hammersmith but his energy is off the charts. That, and I've always been a Clive Burr man.

Some random cover versions wot I like.

Killdozer are so ace. The album American pie is off For Ladies only, has a host of great cover versions - hush, good lovin gone bad, take the money and run. funnily enough I finally got round to recording it from vinyl to mp3 only at the weekend. I posted take the money and run onto you tube. I had the lemonheads - different drum on 12" which I lent to someone and never got back. and the dinosaur jr track is the greatest cover of all time just about. I'm not listening to the other - why cover a crap song like that?

Killdozer are so ace. The album American pie is off For Ladies only, has a host of great cover versions - hush, good lovin gone bad, take the money and run. funnily enough I finally got round to recording it from vinyl to mp3 only at the weekend. I posted take the money and run onto you tube. I had the lemonheads - different drum on 12" which I lent to someone and never got back. and the dinosaur jr track is the greatest cover of all time just about. I'm not listening to the other - why cover a crap song like that?

Yeah, I have FLO on vinyl - great album. Must listen to it again. I've still got the Lemonheads 12" - borrowed it off some bloke way back when. He's probably forgotten all about it. And I've got the SST etched 12" of JLH.

As for the David Kitt one - I'm partial to a bit of Thin Lizzy but this is a complete rework. And David Kitt does good covers. His version of Pressure Drop is nicely downbeat:

The Metallica version of am I evil is better than the original diamond head track. Slayer did a blistering version of dissident aggressor. I love the original priest song but the slayer one is ace. Nuclear assault's version of good times bad times is...interesting.

Yeah, I have FLO on vinyl - great album. Must listen to it again. I've still got the Lemonheads 12" - borrowed it off some bloke way back when. He's probably forgotten all about it. And I've got the SST etched 12" of JLH.

As for the David Kitt one - I'm partial to a bit of Thin Lizzy but this is a complete rework. And David Kitt does good covers. His version of Pressure Drop is nicely downbeat:

lol, you git.

my humble apologies to Thin Lizzy as I instinctively thought of the nauseating track of the same name by Topwanker

Peel tributes/highlights:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p028dyx7

In other news, I see Public Service Broadcasting have announced their tour for next year. Tickets must be bought!

I also see the charlatans are touring again, including a date at the civic. Saw them on the tellin stories tour, & it was a really good show.

Fantastic! Hopefully he'll be back on GOT now, he was brilliant as Ilyn Payne.

Hugely fortunate. That procedure is immensely risky and they are VERY reluctant to put a patient through it as the result is usually very poor.

My dad asked about it and they said no.

Blimey that's some procedure to undergo.

Yes it is. Being told you can't have it is heartbreaking though. 5% chance beats the shit out of 0%

Back