• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things I think are interesting

The way Nuno spoke about the fans after the game, full of praise and talking about the "journey we started together" and wanting to "achieve more"
He waved to the fans as soon as they ask him to
Moutinho signing a contract extension

He'd be a proper snake to talk like that and then leave, nothing he's done so far suggests he's anything like that
Even if he goes to Arsenal calling him a snake is pretty out if order, IMO.

Even if he goes to Arsenal calling him a snake is pretty out if order, IMO.

You wouldn't have a problem with him talking about togetherness and achieving more on a journey to then leave?

I don't think he will, and I think he's of impeccable character so I don't think he'd talk like that and then go.

If he was planning to go he'd have talked more about the game, the weather etc and not mentioned any of the "journey" and "togetherness" stuff

Where's a fact checking service if you need it?

From the gruniad
15:33
Freddie Ljungberg facts. Yes, we know you want them so let’s paint a fuller picture of the man in temporary charge of Arsenal.

He’s 42.
The Swede made 325 appearances for the Gunners and managed their Under-23 side before becoming Emery’s assistant earlier this year.
He was called up to the Swedish national handball side at Under-15 level.
He married his long-term partner Natalie Foster at London’s Natural History Museum in 2014. She supports Spurs.
Became the first man since Tottenham’s Bobby Smith 40 years earlier to find the back of the net in consecutive FA Cup finals (v Liverpool in 2001 and v Chelsea in 2002).
He played the saxophone on Gerry Rafferty’s 1978 hit “Baker Street”.

If he did he was a one year old wonder!

You wouldn't have a problem with him talking about togetherness and achieving more on a journey to then leave?

I don't think he will, and I think he's of impeccable character so I don't think he'd talk like that and then go.

If he was planning to go he'd have talked more about the game, the weather etc and not mentioned any of the "journey" and "togetherness" stuff
In Nuno's case, absolutely not.

He doesn't owe us or the club anything.

Loyalty is a dying currency in football.

Maybe if he goes it'll be because of our whining fuck fans back in September/October.

Although I don't think he will as Arsenal aren't that much of a draw right now.

Him and everyone else in the world, best one I heard was Bob Holness off've Blockbusters.

From the gruniad
15:33

When everyone knows that it was Bob Holness (even though it wasn't really :icon_smile:)

If you looked objectively at both clubs currently which do you think is more likely to get success in the near future? My money is that we are closer to winning a trophy than Arsenal are.

It makes me laugh when I hear that the Arsenal DOF(?) is a mate of Mendes and that will help him to get Nuno.

I can't think what shareholders of Gestifute might have to say about that.

Was thinking when was the last time we had a manager poached by another club, off the top of my head cant think of it ever happening. (suppose a sign of the dross we have employed in the past)

We never have. Every manager since 1877 has resigned or been sacked; and never been poached by another club.

Tells you everything about the quality of most of our managers!

I think Nuno is way too smart to get sucked into the Arsenal fiasco. It's just an opportunity to fail !!

It makes me laugh when I hear that the Arsenal DOF(?) is a mate of Mendes and that will help him to get Nuno.

I can't think what shareholders of Gestifute might have to say about that.
Mendes owns Gestifute. Whatever he says goes.

A Fosun company owns a stake, that's for sure.

Ornstein is normally considered pretty reliable on Arsenal. He has tweeted that they think Pochettino is a viable option. I agree, if Allegri isn't interested, and Poch has given smoke signals that he wouldn't be anti- the idea (Espanyol never fired him so that's why he said never to Barcelona) then I think the Arsenal board should move heaven and earth to get him.

Personally I think they should give it to David Luiz. He MUST be a better manager than a centre back, surely...

Surely get a club legend in with experience of working in various European leagues?

ClassicSoupyAltiplanochinchillamouse-size_restricted.gif

Martinez is the latest name I've heard linked with Arsenal (Ian Dennis from the BBC). He's so said Nuno isn't a front runner.

I've also seen a separate report saying Arsenal aren't interested in him because of how he deals with the media!

That's crazy, who said they think he deals with the media unacceptably?

That's crazy, who said they think he deals with the media unacceptably?

Timmy during the first Pre-Season tour under Nuno

"Yeah I will speak to you after the 1st game....actually make it before we come home.....weeeelll now its when we get home and have played Peterborough". That properly annoyed him

It would be fair to say Nuno isn't popular with the local media as he doesn't go over and above the minimum requirement. Timmy chasing him around Austria to be continually told to do one soon after he was appointed was particularly memorable.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest and if Arsenal aren't interested in him then I doubt this plays a part. Emery has been weak with the media but that's been language related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back