• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2017/18

Alex Neil appointed new manager of PNE

2013 TWF favourite Steve Davis to Leyton Orient.

That's an interesting appointment! Thought it would have been someone Ling had a strong connection with (maybe he does) but then he has already put Ross Embleton in as first team coach.

Torquay United player-manager Kevin Nicholson has left the National League club after almost two years in charge.

Brucie Bruce speaks:

"It is not like we have had a bad six months, we’ve had a bad week”

Leaving aside that you didn't play any games for three of those six months, Steve, since 14 Feb 2017:

P19 W8 D3 L8

Looks pretty bad to me given how much you've (that's you, Steve Bruce, not any other Villa manager) spent. His last nine league games are W1 D3 L5, maybe that's a bad four months or something.

Brucie Bruce speaks:

Leaving aside that you didn't play any games for three of those six months, Steve, since 14 Feb 2017:

P19 W8 D3 L8

Looks pretty bad to me given how much you've (that's you, Steve Bruce, not any other Villa manager) spent. His last nine league games are W1 D3 L5, maybe that's a bad four months or something.

i hope he stays til October 15th then gets sacked after being stuffed by us. I dont want any new manager bounce this season thanks very much , myth or no myth. Just like I want Mendez Laing to be the last ex player who scores against us

De Boer reportedly under heavy pressure already and might go during the break.

I know it's early, but they do look shocking and I have no idea why he's playing that system with the players he has.

Didn't he fail pretty badly at Inter after a good start to his career at Ajax? Could be that he just got lucky first time out.

Bilic also under pressure at West Ham United. There could be an early casualty in the premier league sack race.

De Boer reportedly under heavy pressure already and might go during the break.

I know it's early, but they do look shocking and I have no idea why he's playing that system with the players he has.
Ajax also comes with a massive support system of quality ex players. From memory Overmars, Bergkamp, Van Der Sar and Stam were all there in some capacity or other.

Northampton sack Justin Edinburgh

Lots were pushing for Edinburgh when there were q's over jackett a year ago weren't they?

Probably a bit before that when he was doing well with Gillingham.

Probably around November 2015, well over a year ago.

Basically Bradley Dack tailed off and Gills went to shit.

I was in the Edinburgh camp as I was the Steve Davis....

No-one ever admits to Owen Coyle or Dave Bassett :icon_lol:

The fans of Coyle have no hiding place as the E&S filmed them

Me neither. Of the ones that came I wanted McGhee and Mick

I wanted Mick (in fact I take credit for it as I told Jez to get him at the very first FP meeting), I think I wanted McGhee (but I was only 14, so that's my excuse) and shamefully I wanted DJ, for which there is no excuse.

Yes missed DJ I wanted him as well. Realistically I guess there's only Lambert and maybe Jackett you could have suggested post Mick all the others were left field one way or another

Back