• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Carvalho's best spell was in a free-role behind Mitrovic at Fulham. Not sure that really fits in our formation. But I guess he'll be used out wide as an option to come on for Neto/Hwang.
Yep. He’s not quick enough to be an orthodox winger and he’s not physical enough to play in the middle. He’s a number 10 & we don’t play with one.

Is Ings not mobile anymore? Honestly can’t remember the last time I saw him play.

In my head he would be similar to Hwang in his current role of making runs in behind and a decent finisher. But not neccessirily being someone you want to play through

Is Ings not mobile anymore? Honestly can’t remember the last time I saw him play.

In my head he would be similar to Hwang in his current role of making runs in behind and a decent finisher. But not neccessirily being someone you want to play through
He isn't mobile anymore, no pace and unable to press.

That's from a Wham STH.

Fair. Must have been some drop off for him the last 2 years
Villa took a 50% hit on him in 18 months, he's nowhere near what he used to be. I'm sure he can still finish but he doesn't do anything else.

Surely we'd just he swapping Sasa like for like with Ings, really good striker in his day but age and injuries have caught up with him.

Surely we'd just he swapping Sasa like for like with Ings, really good striker in his day but age and injuries have caught up with him.

I would take Sasa over Ings to be honest - younger, better injury record (not exactly difficult) and he has done more this season than Ings has.

The only thing that may work against us with Sasa is he wants to play week in week out which we can’t offer in this system. If Ings is happy to bench warm I guess that swings it, but I still wouldn’t have him.

I would take Sasa over Ings to be honest - younger, better injury record (not exactly difficult) and he has done more this season than Ings has.

The only thing that may work against us with Sasa is he wants to play week in week out which we can’t offer in this system. If Ings is happy to bench warm I guess that swings it, but I still wouldn’t have him.
I'm not sure he has a better injury record than Ings, both have had lots of bad ones.
Either way, neither can perform the job GON wants so I just can't see it.

I'm not sure he has a better injury record than Ings, both have had lots of bad ones.
Either way, neither can perform the job GON wants so I just can't see it.

If he was an old-but-guaranteed-goals in a Kevin Phillips mould I’d have him as a bench option, but he’s not even really that anymore.

I would say Ings is on a list that has the title "Strikers to try and get on deadline day after main targets have failed"

Just below the crossed out name of Kieffer Moore

Ings scored against us for Villa this time last year. Based on that performance he can still finish and came alive when he had this opportunity. Other than that a lot of walking. Not what we need.

Last edited:
Our most likely new centre forward has just scored against Walsall

He's shit.

I mean, okay, he's not, but he's miles off being PL level IMV.

Back