• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

He’s developed a lot since his first season over here.
I'll take your word for it, I s'pose, but I've never rated him.

He got a lot of hype over here and I don't see much to any of it being justified.

I’ve not seen him since his first season tbf, when he did look just like a workhorse and little else. His numbers in the championship aren’t bad I guess.

Ings is possible but would only be a short loan for the rest of the season and give Hwang some competition.
Obviously we want a main target in but, unless it’s a loan with an option, that won’t happen this month.
We’ll look for a long term striker signing in the summer window most probably.

I’ve not seen him since his first season tbf, when he did look just like a workhorse and little else. His numbers in the championship aren’t bad I guess.
He’s a good physical presence now and much more upto speed in this country. Had his injuries but I think he’ll prove to be PL standard moving forwards. Good age too.

4 goals and 1 assist in those games.

I've not seen him play though so dunno if he's still pony or not
He was okay for 45' today. Didn't stand out as much as Gyökeres last season, who himself didn't stand out a bunch to me.

He (Sargent) is just back from injury so only played the first half this morning. Idah created more but did less, if that makes sense.

4 goals and 1 assist in those games.

I've not seen him play though so dunno if he's still pony or not
I can tell you quite comfortably I wouldn't take either top scorer in the championship (16 in 25). Neither Szomdics or Armstrong would get in our team.

Stats aren't everything.

Ings makes no sense to me, the only difference between him and Sasa is he might be fine with just coming and sitting on our bench with minimal minutes, whereas Sasa wants to play.

I would take Sargent at the right price, In Europe’s top leagues he has played for struggling sides but he would be at least an option to cover Cunha or Hwang. He does the hard work up front, can drop deep to collect the ball and is a penalty box goal scorer. We are a mid table Premier League side, top class strikers tend to play for teams at the top end of the big leagues.

Back