• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

1. Yay! I got an embedded tweet to work!

2. Don’t think we can guarantee Carvalho the minutes Liverpool want him to have. Doesn’t get ahead of Lemina/Gomes in the middle and doesn’t get ahead of Cunha/Hwang/Neto in the advanced positions.

2. Don’t think we can guarantee Carvalho the minutes Liverpool want him to have. Doesn’t get ahead of Lemina/Gomes in the middle and doesn’t get ahead of Cunha/Hwang/Neto in the advanced positions.
O'Neil says Neto is the only real winger in the squad and he'd like another option. I think he'd get his fair share of minutes.

Worth remembering that the squad are going to Abu Dhabi for a week now so any business may wait until we come back. Doesn't matter too much as anyone we sign can't play the cup replay anyway.

He wouldn’t play in the middle but he’d be fine in the front three as an option we could rotate game by game. Although Hwang/Cunha/Sarabia have been superb we’ve lost a lot of directness and pace with Neto injured.

My only downside to Carvalho is obviously we’d then have to replace him in the summer as Liverpool don’t want to sell.

I don’t know much about Ekitike but the Twitter masses seem very excited..
It's a new player, of course they are.

He's had a horrific time at PSG. Was very highly rated at Reims and I think Newcastle wanted him before they signed Isak.

Your monthly reminder here that people on Twitter still like Guedes.

It's a new player, of course they are.

He's had a horrific time at PSG. Was very highly rated at Reims and I think Newcastle wanted him before they signed Isak.

Your monthly reminder here that people on Twitter still like Guedes.

His stats are pretty impressive for Reims when you consider the age he was there too.

Suppose we have nothing to lose with a loan option - I’m fairly comfortable now that Hobbs knows how he wants to recruit and O’Neil seems to be able to get a good return from forward players in relation to goals and assists.

It’s a shame about Sasa but, as said earlier, I think it’s down to his lack of mobility. If he does well in Germany again we’ll get the £15m back fairly easy peasy.

Carvalho's best spell was in a free-role behind Mitrovic at Fulham. Not sure that really fits in our formation. But I guess he'll be used out wide as an option to come on for Neto/Hwang.

Carvalho's best spell was in a free-role behind Mitrovic at Fulham. Not sure that really fits in our formation. But I guess he'll be used out wide as an option to come on for Neto/Hwang.

He could probably play backup to Cunha’s role pretty well. Although he’s wide of the front three he drifts and seems to often pop up in the middle/behind the striker.

I might keep a record of how many West Ham cast offs we get linked to in O’Neil’s time as coach.

That Ings, Antonio and Cresswell now. They’re not all Craig Dawson, Hobbsy 👀

Back