• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Sometimes a player doesn't fit a league, a club, a manager, or some combination of the three.

No shame in it on any side; it happens. Glad Saša will be getting more football under his belt, and hopefully he can stay fit for a while this time.

Strikes me as strange that he'll definitely be back in the summer. I just hope there aren't any complications with their new arrival
I presume he’s invested in the new cafe he’s been promoting on the socials as well, so can’t have been looking for a move away until recently?

It's a dreadful look when a manager signs a player and doesn't know how to use him or he obviously doesn't fit. Hello Glenn and Frankowski here (especially as we already owned a better version of the same thing).

We're two managers removed from signing Saša so no real blame attached. Gaz rarely used Moore last season for Bournemouth, he just doesn't want a fairly immobile target man.

A shame but best to cut ties amicably and on the best terms Wolves can get.

Via Johnny P

- Forest want Sa. No bid yet and we won't sell without a replacement
- Neto expects to be allowed to leave in the Summer. Jorge working on his options
- Our business will be loans with obligations/options unless we sell (not really anything new there)

Last edited:
Via Johnny P

- Forest want Sa. No bid yet and we won't sell without a replacement
- Neto expects to be allowed to leave in the Summer. Jorge working on his options
- Our business will be loans with obligations unless we sell (not really anything new there)

☹️😪 We'd better get a club record fee for him. I'm talking 80mil plus.

☹️😪 We'd better get a club record fee for him. I'm talking 80mil plus.
It'll all depend on if he can get back to something like his early season form and if he can stay fit.
I suspect 80m is a bit high but yes a club record should be a minimum.

Can't see £80m, more like £50m I'd say. I know a couple of injuries were impact but they still suggest a bit of fragility. It'll be shit to lose him but he's earned his move and part of the deal in getting these young talents is that we don't stand in their way when it comes to transfers

Wouldn't surprise me if it were anywhere between 30 and 80m. It's a Mendes deal so depends what side of the favour we are due to fall.

Wouldn't surprise me if it were anywhere between 30 and 80m. It's a Mendes deal so depends what side of the favour we are due to fall.
Usually a chain reaction as well. Neto goes we’ll likely be linked with a couple of mendes clientele. Let’s hope they’re more Neto than Guedes ..

Can't see £80m, more like £50m I'd say. I know a couple of injuries were impact but they still suggest a bit of fragility. It'll be shit to lose him but he's earned his move and part of the deal in getting these young talents is that we don't stand in their way when it comes to transfers
Yeah I was thinking in the 50-60 range is most likely, but as TT points out, its rarely that simple these days, wheels within wheels.

Depends what guarantee they're after. If it's just "you have to use him appreciably more than Leipzig did" (158 minutes in the league) then no problem. If it's "he must start all the time" then no.

Yes, I wouldn’t have him if Liverpool want guaranteed starts.

Back