• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Still think that leaves us 2 light then. Just because Fabio/Sasa weren't seen as fit for purpose doesn't mean that we don't need those options numbers wise across the front line, especially if we lose Fraser as the emergency choice

Can’t see more than 1 coming in. Agree would like 2 Ofcourse.

1 comes in we still have Sarabia/Cunha/Neto/Bellegarde/new signing until Hwang returns. So 5 for 3 positions isn’t too bad

Theoretically he could be the answer to our attacking RWB conundrum (we all know Doc isn't a proper option, and in games where the onus is on us to attack, Semedo is a major issue if we're playing 3 CHs), but can't see us touching someone with attitude issues.

It's not 3 positions any more, it's 6 with the way subs now change PL games. We should go into matches expecting to use 6 forward players even moreso with the workrate we expect from them
Good point. Always forget about the additional subs now.

I still don’t see us signing more than 1 though just for the fact we will have 6 when Hwang returns. Maybe lemina Jr would be the ‘7th’ which probably makes sense having a young player taking that spot

Good point. Always forget about the additional subs now.

I still don’t see us signing more than 1 though just for the fact we will have 6 when Hwang returns. Maybe lemina Jr would be the ‘7th’ which probably makes sense having a young player taking that spot
i kinda agree with you here.

Notionally at least i'd see it as this

4 wide = Neto/Hwang/Sarabia/Bellegarde
2 central = Cunha + 1 new

Cunha can play the wide role too. In a perfect world we'd also want someone who can play all across the front but I'd rather we spent on a new CB or RWB than a 7th forward.

That's extremely notional. Barring Enso who doesn't seem likely to appear for the first team this season, Neto is the only proper wide player we have. Hwang certainly isn't a winger and Sarabia/Bellegarde are both better from central areas.

That's extremely notional. Barring Enso who doesn't seem likely to appear for the first team this season, Neto is the only proper wide player we have. Hwang certainly isn't a winger and Sarabia/Bellegarde are both better from central areas.
Neto is probably the only wide player, yes, but if we’re pigeonholing players into those specific roles, following the 2 for 1 position we would need 3 wide players signing.

The front 3 are just seen as a fluid front 3 at this stage

That's fair. Wide is probably the wrong word to use.

Strikes me as strange that he'll definitely be back in the summer. I just hope there aren't any complications with their new arrival

Back