• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

Excellent news

𝗣𝗲𝗱𝗿𝗼 𝗡𝗲𝘁𝗼 𝗼𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗪𝗼𝗹𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝘂𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 🗣️
“I want to say that I am here and I will help everyone,”. “I love the club and everybody here, I have always felt that it has given a lot to me.

“I’m enjoying the moment here so I will continue to do that. The future and long-term ambitions don’t matter. We will never go down in any situation, we are here to win and fight. I feel really good at the moment and hope to continue.”

“I feel even better than I was before. A player that has confidence is a different player: I always had it but Gary has given me even more,” he says.

“I play football because I love it, but the game is what it is because of the fans. When I get the ball and they are pushing me and expecting something special, it’s such a good feeling.”
#wwfc speaking in @Telegraph

A couple of players have commented in recent weeks on being given confidence and belief by the manager when they didn't have to, so credit to O'Neil for that

Well the replies certainly show most won't buy it.

We have to be honest and admit if a big club wants him and can afford him he will go but the FFP line is bollocks.
Would go as far as saying his source is a bloke in a pub and not the club.

Arsenal with their zero FFP headroom this season which means their keeper is technically on loan.

Whatever you say, panhead.

Everyone has a price, but if Neto is committed here it gives us a ton of leverage, if nothing else.

Selling more players this financial year would actually cause us more problems. All our profit but be limited to one years accounts.

It won’t happen, but the only way it would is if it was a loan with obligation to kick the profit into next year.

It's stretching a point to give him that price tag but he is way underpriced at <£5m. Look at the money they got for Trafford who'd never played above League One before this season.

Hardly unprecedented though, no-one would have batted an eyelid if we'd signed Doyle on one of those mythical part-exchange deals that everyone suggests every year but pretty much only exist on computer games.

You can only sell what someone will buy...

Based on his performances in a Wolves shirt this season there'll be little to no interest in him, he's been rank.
there will be interest in him. Only on loan though.

That Tweet from Percy is bit a shit storm as well. The base of the story is no different to how it was explained after the window closed

- Don't need to sell anyone
- Want a forward
- Won't spend stupid amounts to get one
- We all know its Che Adams
- Yeah you don't like it, just accept it
- We have a small amount to play with as demonstrated by bids for a forward on deadline day
- It will be Che Adams

Back